Abbeville/Southside Christian Football

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
goldenstripfootball
No Team Affiliation

Re: Abbeville/Southside Christian Football

Post by goldenstripfootball »

It is interesting that both newspapers are different in yardage and number of carries and catches and all. Truth probably somewhere in the middle.

goldenstripfootball
No Team Affiliation

Looks like State Championship game was probably this game! Friend at championship game texted such during game last Friday night.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

goldenstripfootball wrote:Looks like State Championship game was probably this game! Friend at championship game texted such during game last Friday night.
yep,would not surprise me next year that ABBEVILLE
and SSC play for the upper state again.

goldenstripfootball
No Team Affiliation

Who is losing the most or has most coming back? Abbeville is losing 2 Shrine Bowl players and there other 2 running backs, correct? Southside I heard is losing a lot on defensive side?

Will be interesting!

AHS14
Abbeville Panthers

Post by AHS14 »

goldenstripfootball wrote:Who is losing the most or has most coming back? Abbeville is losing 2 Shrine Bowl players and there other 2 running backs, correct? Southside I heard is losing a lot on defensive side?

Will be interesting!
Abbeville loses all the starting running backs and one of the starting offensive linemen but the rest of the o-line will be back as well as the QB. Believe it or not, it will actually be the first time since 2015 that the Panthers will have a returning starter QB; each of Abbeville's 4 state titles these past years has had a different QB. The team's strength will definitely be on defense, most of the key players on D will be back. I think Atown can still make a run at the title but they will have to have some young players on offense step up. They should still be the best team in the region and the tough non-conference schedule will have them ready.

goldenstripfootball
No Team Affiliation

Apparently, SCS gets back most of their offensive line, QB, and leading rusher. While on defense they get back 5-6 guys. Looks like the person above is correct, could be Abbeville and Southside again.

I was talking to someone about how Abbeville was just destined to win, a higher power. When Southside went up with 2:30 left and a kicker that puts the ball in the endzone, myself and my Abbeville friends didn't think Abbeville could drive the field in 2:30, afterall, they hadn't all game. But, when the kick fell short to #2, knew something special was going to happen.

As fan of high school football, all the talk about Abbeville winning and deservedly so, but this SCS team was pretty darn good. One miscue on kicking and one big run kept them from probably blowing out Barnwell as well in the state final. It is good to see Abbeville get tested!