Chester vs Dillon: 3A Championship

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who wins the 3A State Championship?

Chester
65%
Dillon
35%

Total votes: 17

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Chester vs Dillon: 3A Championship

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Who wins the 3A State Championship?
Thoughts and Opinions........

Wildcat92
Dillon Wildcats

Re: Chester vs Dillon: 3A Championship

Post by Wildcat92 »

Dillon. I think their defense is too strong for Chester. I think Chester needs to be able to run and pass to pull off the victory.
Dillon mixes it up well on offense so Chester needs to be able to defend both. I think Chester has a chance if its a close game because of the mistakes / misses in Dillon`s kicking game. There`s rain in the forecast for Saturday so that also comes into play. I have not seen Chester play this year but I know Dillon will definitely bring a strong defense.

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

Wildcat92 wrote:Dillon. I think their defense is too strong for Chester. I think Chester needs to be able to run and pass to pull off the victory.
Dillon mixes it up well on offense so Chester needs to be able to defend both. I think Chester has a chance if its a close game because of the mistakes / misses in Dillon`s kicking game. There`s rain in the forecast for Saturday so that also comes into play. I have not seen Chester play this year but I know Dillon will definitely bring a strong defense.
If you have not seen the Chester Cyclones play then you are in for a real treat.

Wildcat92
Dillon Wildcats

Post by Wildcat92 »

Wildstallion2 wrote:
Wildcat92 wrote:Dillon. I think their defense is too strong for Chester. I think Chester needs to be able to run and pass to pull off the victory.
If you have not seen the Chester Cyclones play then you are in for a real treat.
If you haven't seen Dillon's defense, you are in for a real treat! Fast and aggressive, and I didn't mention NASTY!!!!

#1cyclonefan
Chester Cyclones

Post by #1cyclonefan »

Everyone knows that Dillon is the team to beat in 3a and there isn’t many people outside of Chester that is given Chester a chance in this game but I believe if Chester can keep it close then they will have a chance because they are not built to make a big comeback. I think this game will be closer than people think.

Wildcat92
Dillon Wildcats

Post by Wildcat92 »

Chester has beaten some quality opponents throughout the entire season while Dillon has only beaten some in the playoffs. After last weeks game I don't think that Dillon will take anyone lightly! I think if Dillon gets off to a fast start if could lead to a long night for Chester. I think everyone is evenly matched once you make it this far. Will Chester's players get stage fright from playing under the big lights? Will Dillon be too cocky since they have been here before? I think you have to take all of the intangibles into consideration.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

CHESTER — Chester's running game overpowered Southside, and the Cyclones defeated the Tigers 48-20 in the third round of the Class AAA football playoffs Friday night.

Chester (13-0) will travel to Union County for next week's Upper State final.

Southside, which made the third round for the first time in the history of the program, ended its memorable season at 9-4. The Tigers won nine games for the just the second time.

Southside committed six turnovers, and Chester, which topped 300 yards rushing for the sixth straight game, took advantage.

A close game quickly fell apart for Southside early in the second quarter. Trailing Chester 14-6, the Tigers fumbled on their 37-yard line and Stan Mills scored on the very next play for the Cyclones, racing 37 yards to the end zone for a 20-6 lead.
    https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/ ... 095597002/
      Sounds like Chester's defense is Nasty too.
      Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

#1cyclonefan
      Chester Cyclones

Post by #1cyclonefan »

Chester’s defense has played really well all year I don’t see the moment being to big for them but you never know how these games will play out. With the weather being a factor a turn over here or there could be the difference. I’m looking forward to seeing a good game between two really good teams.

Newcatntown
      Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Wildcat92 wrote:Chester has beaten some quality opponents throughout the entire season while Dillon has only beaten some in the playoffs. After last weeks game I don't think that Dillon will take anyone lightly! I think if Dillon gets off to a fast start if could lead to a long night for Chester. I think everyone is evenly matched once you make it this far. Will Chester's players get stage fright from playing under the big lights? Will Dillon be too cocky since they have been here before? I think you have to take all of the intangibles into consideration.
      Chester has beat Rock Hill...Fort Mill :roll: both 5-A
      Beat Lancaster which is 4-A... Beat a solid 3-A Camden as well...Dillon should not...I REPEAT....SHOULD NOT..sleep on the Chester Cyclones...it could make for an ugly bus ride home...no pun intended!!! :mrgreen:

All We Do Is Win
      Dillon Wildcats

Post by All We Do Is Win »

Should be a good one, I’ve heard good things all year about Chester! Knew it would be them against Dillon for all the marbles. Gotta go with my Cats though