Chester vs Dillon: 3A Championship

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who wins the 3A State Championship?

Chester
65%
Dillon
35%

Total votes: 17

Coach125
Gaffney Indians

Re: Chester vs Dillon: 3A Championship

Post by Coach125 »

I posted that last comment bc scorestream had the game over then i turned to the channel and there were 2mins left. Seemed like it was a heck of a game.

Tjamal9106
North Central Knights

Post by Tjamal9106 »

Coach125 wrote:I posted that last comment bc scorestream had the game over then i turned to the channel and there were 2mins left. Seemed like it was a heck of a game.
TV delay
The Knight is Upon Us! Go Knights!

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

I was surprised at the outcome.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

He left after state final with Chester in ’07. Now, Victor Floyd plans to hang around. Chester coach Victor Floyd took a new job after the Cyclones’ 2007 state final loss, and he said last week that he felt he left multiple potential state championships on the table. But Floyd is back at Chester and finally won that elusive championship Dec. 7, 2018. He plans on sticking around to win a few more.

Chester entered Friday night’s title game 14-0, but also widely regarded as underdogs. Dillon was undefeated (12-0) too and playing in its seventh straight state title game, having won five of the previous six.
But pedigree didn’t play a single down Friday night at Williams-Brice Stadium.
And any mental advantage the Wildcats had over their opponents evaporated in the game’s first 14 seconds after Brown’s 49-yard TD run on the first offensive play. The Cyclones’ 21-6 halftime lead gave them enough cushion to hold off Dillon when the Wildcats surged in the fourth quarter. Floyd impressed upon his team the importance of starting fast, and that proved true, especially when the Cyclones faded late.
Dillon had all the title game experience, had the better passing attack, but Chester had Floyd’s supreme ability to move his players’ hearts and minds, leaving no brick wall strong enough to resist the Cyclones if he told them to run it over. “I’m sitting here thinking about how we tried to throw that thing away in the fourth,” Floyd said, chuckling. “I think the guys really saw the finish line when we were up 34-12. You know, sometimes it’s a little hard to deal with.” “Floyd said that going to Brunswick made him a better coach by competing against future SEC players, nationally-ranked programs and Hall of Fame coaches.”

https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/hig ... 89245.html
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions