Catawba Ridge has its first head coach

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Tjamal9106
North Central Knights

Catawba Ridge has its first head coach

Post by Tjamal9106 »

https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/hig ... 21685.html

The Copperheads will join Region 4-3A with Chester, Indian Land, Fairfield Central, Camden and Keenan, though they probably will already be 4A by 2020 when realignment occurs.
The Knight is Upon Us! Go Knights!

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Re: Catawba Ridge has its first head coach

Post by Chuckster »

Thanks for posting...The talent level among Fort Mill, Nation Ford and the new Catawba Ridge is going to sparse..... 30 current Nation Ford players would be re-assigned to Catawba Ridge due to "school line re-assignment"......

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Chuckster wrote:Thanks for posting...The talent level among Fort Mill, Nation Ford and the new Catawba Ridge is going to sparse..... 30 current Nation Ford players would be re-assigned to Catawba Ridge due to "school line re-assignment"......
Are they getting the option to stay at NAFO?

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Good luck to the new coach. Going to be an awful tough gig. For whatever reason as of late, the Fort Mill area isn't exactly producing many good football players.

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

You are right...that is going to be one tough job......they will be independent in 2019 and play in the 3A classification in 2020. They will play in the same region as Chester.....

"Are they getting the option to stay at NAFO?"......I think that this year's rising seniors will.....the 30 player figure came from one of the announcers who said the coaches did a quick snap shot of who they would lose if they all had to make the change to the new district lines as of right now........

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Adding to their problems is that I would imagine with the way the Fort Mill area is growing, their stay in 3 A will be a very short one. Be 4A quickly, and then probably 5A not long after that.

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

Deputy....that is very true....Indian Land High I think will be the same as well. I was very impressed with their new head coach. Making the playoffs in their first year at 3A is an accomplishment. Indian Land gave Chester all they could handle....That was one of the closets games Chester had all year........