Please keep Trojangrad78 in your hearts this Christmas day.

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Please keep Trojangrad78 in your hearts this Christmas day.

Post by DeCav »

On this Christmas eve at 3:18 AM, December 24th, 2018..... Kevin's mother passed away after a hearty and hard fought battle with cancer. Of course Trojangrad is devastated and feels lost momentarily and is humble enough to admit his despair. But he did say with finality that his mother, Peggy won the game of life. In the end, she won.

Peggy loved of all things sports and most likely helped pass that passion on to her son. She lettered in 4 different sports in High School. Tennis, Softball, Track, and Basketball. She loved basketball most of all. She not only lettered in basketball but was the team captain.

She continued to play sports in her church league well into her 40's. Her own father who passed when Kevin was 14 or 15 was the champion boxer on his ship in the Navy. Kevin makes no effort to hide the fact that his grandfather must have been a hard and tough dude and someone he wishes he'd had more time to get to know.

Peggy was 77 when she passed and had what seemed like as graceful and love filled passing as a person could wish for. The way Kevin described it she was surrounded by everyone she would have wanted to be with her when she went to sleep for the last time. But before that, being practical Kevin suggested they jot down some notes about the funeral. Peggy knew what was imminent and was in favor of participating with the arrangements. Kevin looked quickly for some paper to write on. It occurs to me now to ponder....

How often we take out our phone to type something into it. But when Kevin's mother was passing he took the pen he knew his mechanically minded father would have in his shirt pocket and Kevin tore open an empty tissue box and began to write plans for his mother's funeral on the flattened inside of what used to be a tissue box. I don't know what that means.

The first thing Kevin told me when he answered his phone was "life sucks".

I thought about that after we talked. I think we might have to agree to disagree. My own take is that "death sucks". The absence of life sucks. Life itself is beautiful and precious and go together with Love and Happiness and Fellowship.

What has sucked for me has been 2018 and the cocktail of sorrow it's brought. I'm just sorry for Kevin and for his mother and for their whole family that the race had to end one week before she could celebrate the new year and escape the old one. I'm sorry also that Christmas day for TG78 will this year and forever after be a bittersweet day.

May she rest in peace.

Love you brother.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Re: Please keep Trojangrad78 in your hearts this Christmas d

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

God Bless and take care Trojangrad78. :cry:

Thanks for posting DeCav.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Prayers with the family at this very difficult time.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

Kevin,

Susan and I loved your mother. When we first moved to Rock Hill (1982), your mom and dad, where so good to us. Your mom
took my father and mother under her wings and made sure we were loved and had what we needed, My prayers are with you and Kenon and your entire family............

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I’ll be there at 6 in Rockhill if anyone wants to join me.

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Post by trojangrad78 »

It has been a tough last few weeks. Thanks so much for all the prayers!!!!

Basketball was mom's favorite sport, but she really liked high school football, too.

This is my mom, quarterback of her senior powderpuff team. She was #60 and, heck yes she scored on this play!!
11174254_1016722005027721_3133850010406953413_o.jpg