Westside at Greenwood

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Westside at Greenwood

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Just need to forget about the loss to Easley. I believe the region standings haven't really changed. Greenwood needs to win out and Easley needs to lose a game in order for Greenwood to get a home playoff game and 2nd place in the region. This could be inaccurate. If any of the seeding gurus have the correct info please provide. Greenwood/Westside is still a big game. Need to refocus. #goeagles

northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Westside at Greenwood

Post by northside knight »

Pippin said if we win out we'll still be 2nd place.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

Too me it's done. No region title and definitely no state title. I refuse to lower my standards for what Greenwood tradition is. It's not losing to Easley and hoping, based on other teams you can play second fiddle in a fairly weak region. If they did make the playoffs I believe they take on a region 2 team. The toughest region in the state. That used to not matter when this team was where it's supposed to be. We could beat anyone then.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Looks like Greenwood is returning to the Mike Martin years but with more mediocre wins.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

I mean it doesn't matter. If we lose to teams like Easley that have only beat us twice in 20 years what do you really expect? We'll lose next week and get hammered in the 1 round of the playoffs if we make the playoffs.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:Just need to forget about the loss to Easley. I believe the region standings haven't really changed. Greenwood needs to win out and Easley needs to lose a game in order for Greenwood to get a home playoff game and 2nd place in the region. This could be inaccurate. If any of the seeding gurus have the correct info please provide. Greenwood/Westside is still a big game. Need to refocus. #goeagles
This is correct.
Greenwood needs to win out and have Easley lose, and also Woodmont lose to T.L Hanna. For Greenwood to finish 2nd outright.

Easley needs to win out and have Westside lose again in order for Easley to get 2nd place outright.

Ignore all of this if it ends in a 3-way tie.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:Just need to forget about the loss to Easley. I believe the region standings haven't really changed. Greenwood needs to win out and Easley needs to lose a game in order for Greenwood to get a home playoff game and 2nd place in the region. This could be inaccurate. If any of the seeding gurus have the correct info please provide. Greenwood/Westside is still a big game. Need to refocus. #goeagles
This is correct.
Greenwood needs to win out and have Easley lose, and also Woodmont lose to T.L Hanna. For Greenwood to finish 2nd outright.

Easley needs to win out and have Westside lose again in order for Easley to get 2nd place outright.

The thing is, waiting on teams to lose to fight for 2nd isn't what we do. Has never been what we've done, it's not the standard.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

eagle93 wrote:
EHSMeanGreen wrote:
This is correct.

The thing is, waiting on teams to lose to fight for 2nd isn't what we do. Has never been what we've done, it's not the standard.
n

Our standard is winning region and going into the playoffs as a number 1 seed every year and trying to win a state title.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

StateChampsGHS wrote:
eagle93 wrote:
EHSMeanGreen wrote:
This is correct.

n

Our standard is winning region and going into the playoffs as a number 1 seed every year and trying to win a state title.
I just feel bad for the upperclassmen and seniors going out like this........ Having to play and put up with a coach that refuses to put them in position to win. Very embarrassing way to end your high school career...smh

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

It's getting bad when a friend of mine who coaches in Pickens says they want to play Greenwood. They barely lost to Easley earlier. He feels they have a shot. Embarrassing.