Broadcasters' Statewide Top Ten: Week 9

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
WRHIRadio
WRHI Radio - OTS Sports Network AM:1340 FM:94.3

Broadcasters' Statewide Top Ten: Week 9

Post by WRHIRadio »

http://www.wrhi.com/2018/10/broadcaster ... k-8-145969
Week 9 Top Ten

1. Dutch Fork (19)
2. Fort Dorchester
3. TL Hanna
4. Dillon
5. South Pointe
6. Dorman
7. Abbeville
8. Sumter
9. Hartsville
10. Gaffney
(First Place Votes are in Parentheses)

Others Receiving Votes: Byrnes, Berkeley, Chester, Chapman, Greer, Myrtle Beach, Barnwell, Daniel, Lamar, Carver’s Bay, River Bluff

The Statewide Broadcasters’ Poll is comprised of: Chris Miller, Gene Knight, Robert Earl Carter, Kevin Robbins, Moe Bell, Scott Wells, Chuck Roberts, Brown Simpson, Chet Tucker, Andy Robbins, Mario Washington, Matt Hiers, Matthew Kreh, Tyler Cupp, Tyler Shugart, Matt Barber, Ryan Clary, Greg McKinney, Rixon Lane.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Re: Broadcasters' Statewide Top Ten: Week 9

Post by Newcatntown »

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS.....WTH...??? NOBODY RESPONDED TO LAST WEEKS COMMENT I MADE....IM NOT BEING UGLY TOWARDS U GUYZ...BUT DAG GUM....NOW YALL GOT BERKELEY AT 12....COME ON MAN....PLEASE RESPOND AND TELL US HOW YOU COME UP WITH THIS CA-CA.
BERKELEY IS WAAAAAYYYY BETTER THAN 12 IN STATE AFTER THE FORT GAME.
WE KNOW WHAT POLLS ARE REALLY FOR...BUT IF YOUR GONNA PUBLISH THIS...AT LEAST GET IT CLOSE!! ;)

Coach125
Gaffney Indians

Post by Coach125 »

Gaffney beats Dorman but Dorman is 6th and Gaffney is 10th? Byrnes beat Gaffney and they don’t make the top ten? :roll:

WRHIRadio

Post by WRHIRadio »

Newcatntown wrote:GUYS, GUYS, GUYS.....WTH...??? NOBODY RESPONDED TO LAST WEEKS COMMENT I MADE....IM NOT BEING UGLY TOWARDS U GUYZ...BUT DAG GUM....NOW YALL GOT BERKELEY AT 12....COME ON MAN....PLEASE RESPOND AND TELL US HOW YOU COME UP WITH THIS CA-CA.
WE KNOW WHAT POLLS ARE REALLY FOR...BUT IF YOUR GONNA PUBLISH THIS...AT LEAST GET IT CLOSE!! ;)
Newcat,

My apologies, other than to make posts, I don't frequent the board for responses. I will go check out and respond. As for where Berkeley is located in the poll, they aren't necessarily #12. The others receiving votes category aren't in any particular order. In fact, they are just those the order that they fall on my "polling matrix" out of those that didn't make the top ten, but still did receive votes.
In terms of the poll, it isn't necessarily how teams have done throughout the season, its really how they are playing right now. So to start using football math like, well this team beat this team beat this team, so they should move here, doesn't always work. (Hopefully what I just said makes sense).
Thanks for viewing and commenting on the poll.

WRHIRadio

Post by WRHIRadio »

Coach125 wrote:Gaffney beats Dorman but Dorman is 6th and Gaffney is 10th? Byrnes beat Gaffney and they don’t make the top ten? :roll:
You make good points and are well thought through. The only response I have, in terms of my one vote in the poll, is other teams have made strides too. Byrnes now has two losses and to me, personally, the other 10 teams have been more impressive so far this season. While yes, Gaffney did lose to Byrnes, I feel Gaffney is playing better football than Byrnes right now. As for Dorman, I didn't drop Dorman too far after their last second loss to Gaffney, and their impressive win over Byrnes last week made me believe that, despite their loss to Gaffney, Dorman is playing better football.
At the end of the day polls are just that polls. They are meant to be fun and cause debate. But I can assure you that most, if not all of the names mentioned on the list, do their research and have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to high school football. Many have been broadcasting games for 20+ years and some have north of 300 games broadcast in their career. While you may disagree with what they say, it is incorrect to say they know very little about football. They know quite a bit, or else we wouldn't hire them.
Thanks to all for listening and commenting. Polls are meant to be debated!

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Thanks for posting the polls on the site. :D

You should go pick apart his Top 10. ;) :lol:
http://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3832

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

WRHIRadio wrote:
Coach125 wrote:Gaffney beats Dorman but Dorman is 6th and Gaffney is 10th? Byrnes beat Gaffney and they don’t make the top ten? :roll:
You make good points and are well thought through. The only response I have, in terms of my one vote in the poll, is other teams have made strides too. Byrnes now has two losses and to me, personally, the other 10 teams have been more impressive so far this season. While yes, Gaffney did lose to Byrnes, I feel Gaffney is playing better football than Byrnes right now. As for Dorman, I didn't drop Dorman too far after their last second loss to Gaffney, and their impressive win over Byrnes last week made me believe that, despite their loss to Gaffney, Dorman is playing better football.
At the end of the day polls are just that polls. They are meant to be fun and cause debate. But I can assure you that most, if not all of the names mentioned on the list, do their research and have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to high school football. Many have been broadcasting games for 20+ years and some have north of 300 games broadcast in their career. While you may disagree with what they say, it is incorrect to say they know very little about football. They know quite a bit, or else we wouldn't hire them.
Thanks to all for listening and commenting. Polls are meant to be debated!
NUMBER 1...I TYPE IN BOLD NOW AS ITS EAISER ON THE EYEBALLS...IM NOT YELLING. :D

2. I DO APPRICIATE YALL POSTIN YOUR POLL HERE FOR US TO PICK APART...IN FUN! :mrgreen:

3. DONT EAT TOO MANY CHILI DOGS WHILE ENJOYING YOUR HIGH SCHOOL GAME OF CHOICE OR YOU WILL END UP LIKE CITYSLICKER!!! :o :o :lol:

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Newcatntown wrote:GUYS, GUYS, GUYS.....WTH...??? NOBODY RESPONDED TO LAST WEEKS COMMENT I MADE....IM NOT BEING UGLY TOWARDS U GUYZ...BUT DAG GUM....NOW YALL GOT BERKELEY AT 12....COME ON MAN....PLEASE RESPOND AND TELL US HOW YOU COME UP WITH THIS CA-CA.

If you are waiting for this group to come up with a real TOP TEN, you could be here a while. There are only one or two names that would know a football if they saw it....
How can you even make that comment based on you not agreeing with a poll? Do you know each of the voters personally? I would imagine that they have some knowledge of the game since they are being paid to do it. Last time I checked no one was paying me, or many of the other posters on here for our football knowledge. So, who am I to question someone's knowledge of football that is being paid to give their knowledge. Obviously they know enough to have a job doing it. Do I know more than them? I am not sure. But I do know that just because someone disagrees with my OPINION on the rankings of teams doesn't mean they don't know anything about the sport.

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

SCPrepTalk wrote:Thanks for posting the polls on the site. :D

You should go pick apart his Top 10. ;) :lol:
http://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3832
Its not worth it to pick apart polls. Everyone has their own opinion, especially on this board. In addition, when only one person votes, that is not considered a "poll", instead it is considered that person's personal rankings. A poll is actually the collection of multiple people's rankings. That is why I enjoy a poll over someone's personal rankings.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

WRHIRadio wrote:
Newcat,

My apologies, other than to make posts, I don't frequent the board for responses. I will go check out and respond. As for where Berkeley is located in the poll, they aren't necessarily #12. The others receiving votes category aren't in any particular order. In fact, they are just those the order that they fall on my "polling matrix" out of those that didn't make the top ten, but still did receive votes.
In terms of the poll, it isn't necessarily how teams have done throughout the season, its really how they are playing right now. So to start using football math like, well this team beat this team beat this team, so they should move here, doesn't always work. (Hopefully what I just said makes sense).
Thanks for viewing and commenting on the poll.
NO APOLOGIES NEEDED...YOUR POST MAKES PERFECT SENSE...YOU GUYZ DO A FINE JOB ON THE RADIO ON FRIDAYS...WE HERE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A CHAIN TO PULL...(NO PUN INTENDED)...MOVE THE STICKS BOYS!!! :mrgreen: