OT: ITs Racing Season WooHoo

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
PMK47
Buford Yellow Jackets

Re: ITs Racing Season WooHoo

Post by PMK47 »

Eagle the reason I asked if you went, is because during that Buford vs Pageland game. My younger brother Tanner Vespe had the game of his life. He had 4 ints, 1 fumble recovery and numerous tackles.

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

PMK47 wrote:Yes Brandy Baker bought Lancaster Motor Speedway..... Yes Brandy Baker still races at Lancaster in Crate Late Model, Super Stock and Renegade. There was no problem with him and the other drivers with Brandy still racing while owning the race track though, they are respected it. Baker even took victory lane pictures with drivers last year, Baker might own the track but he does that run it. That is Shannon Munn, Eric Caskey and myself that does that. Brandy has a son named Andrew Baker who races in the Renegade Division, his son is one of the best in the Carolina's, wins every where he goes. Brandy Baker bought it last year from previous owner Doug McManus, if Baker would not have bought it then a housing development would have gotten it. Last year we had our best year in 10 years. My dad memorial race the Phillip Knight Memorial drew over 4,500 fans combine in the pits and stands and over 135 race cars to Lancaster last June. That was the record for the new owner so far, fans and drivers hardly complain last year. There was alot and i mean alot of big money races for all divisions last year and this year will only get better.
Sounds great! Glad he bought it, especially with Chester closed now. Also glad to hear it's ran fairly. Of course, I had no reason to think otherwise. Just the thought of it.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Don't forget to support your local race tracks this weekend if they are able to run with all the nasty weather we have had this week

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Well Mother Nature won for the 1st time in 2019 for the local race tracks. Cherokee postponed their race for today and they are looking forward to the big 2 day show next week. Friday March 1st will be an open pracetice according to the schedule and then March 2nd starts the racing with the Southeastern Late Model Sportsman racing for 2,000 Thunder Series Late Models racing for 1,500 Renegade racing for 600 Extreme 4 500 Young Guns and Pure Stock will be racing for 500 as well. That is just day 1 of the March Madness deal at the place your momma warned you about.

March 3rd is the big day where the Southern All Stars are going to put on a show 12K to win 600 to start the main event for the 24 fastest late models the south east will see. The classes for sunday are Seca Crate Late Models 1,200 to win Crate Sportsman 700 to win Stock 4 700 to win and Thunder Bomber for 700 to win.

He Rules for all the crate divisions are here and are pretty interesting if you want to take a look http://www.secaracing.com/rules.html

Here is the website for the Thunder Series as well https://www.thunderdirtseries.com/

And Lastly the Southern Allstars website https://sasdirt.com/

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

racincowboy02 wrote:Well Mother Nature won for the 1st time in 2019 for the local race tracks. Cherokee postponed their race for today and they are looking forward to the big 2 day show next week. Friday March 1st will be an open pracetice according to the schedule and then March 2nd starts the racing with the Southeastern Late Model Sportsman racing for 2,000 Thunder Series Late Models racing for 1,500 Renegade racing for 600 Extreme 4 500 Young Guns and Pure Stock will be racing for 500 as well. That is just day 1 of the March Madness deal at the place your momma warned you about.

March 3rd is the big day where the Southern All Stars are going to put on a show 12K to win 600 to start the main event for the 24 fastest late models the south east will see. The classes for sunday are Seca Crate Late Models 1,200 to win Crate Sportsman 700 to win Stock 4 700 to win and Thunder Bomber for 700 to win.

He Rules for all the crate divisions are here and are pretty interesting if you want to take a look http://www.secaracing.com/rules.html

Here is the website for the Thunder Series as well https://www.thunderdirtseries.com/

And Lastly the Southern Allstars website https://sasdirt.com/
I clicked on the crate rules link. Do you know the guy on the right kneeling? The first one? I know a guy named Keith that he resembles. It's hard to tell for sure. #1cyclonefan knows the guy too, if it's the one i'm thinking of. I thought he had quit racing, if it's him.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

No sorry I don't know who he's is by looking at the picture if he was in his car I'd probably know lol

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Old race from 1998 and the big half mile at Cherokee speedway

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

So mother nature won partially last weekend at Cherokee with the March Madness Saturday program being ran as scheduled and the Sunday portion being postponed til March 24th due to inclement weather that was being forcasted and eventually came true. I didn't get a chance to go to the Saturday portion but have heard that the racing was phenomenal for a day race

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Looking ahead for this weekend and races on the local scene as well as the national scene.

World of Outlaws are off this weekend and are getting geared up for a swing in to Tennessee next weekend on Friday they will be at Duck River Speedway in Lewisburg TN for a 10K to win show and then they will head on over to Smoky Mountain Speedway in Maryville TN for the 6th annual Tennessee Tip Off that will pay 12K to win

The Lucas Oil Series will be in action this weekend north of the Mason Dixon line with 2 shows. The first show will be this Friday night at the Atomic Speedway for the Buckeye Spring 50 and it will pay 12K to win. Then the Lucas series will invade Brownstown Indiana and the Brownstown Speedway for the 22nd annual Indiana Ice Breaker and it will also pay 12K to win. Some of the past winners of the Indiana Ice Breaker are •1998-Tony Izzo, Jr.
•1999-Don O'Neal
•2000-Don O'Neal
•2001-Timmy Yeager
•2002-John Gill
•2003-Don O'Neal
•2004-John Gill
•2005-Dan Sturgeon
•2006-Earl Pearson Jr.
•2007-Billy Moyer
•2008-Terry Casey
•2009-Earl Pearson Jr.
•2010-Jimmy Owens
•2011-Scott Bloomquist
•2012-Don O'Neal
•2013-Dennis Erb Jr.
•2014-Don O'Neal
•2015-Earl Pearson Jr.
•2016-Cancelled-(Weather)
•2017-Jimmy Owens
•2018-Cancelled-(Weather)

Ok now to the local scene and looking ahead to this weekend here in the upstate. Carolina in Gastonia NC off this weekend. Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney SC off this weekend. Lancaster Speedway is running both nights Friday March 15 they will be running SECA Crate Late Models Super Stock, SECA Crate Sportsman, Renegade, Pure Stock, Extreme 4. On Saturday night March 16 the Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series invades the Lancaster Super Speedway For the Red Rose Rumble and they will be racing for 5K to win also on the card are SECA Crate Late Model ($1,200), SECA Crate Sportsman, Renegade, Extreme 4, Thunder Bomber ($2,500), Vintage

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

If you are looking for something to do and you like racing head of down to Lancaster Speedway especially Saturday night where the Carolina Clash will be the main event that should be a heckuva show and they will be battling for 5K to win. I don't look for them to get the Friday portion ran with the way the forecast is looking but I could be wrong.