OT: PATRIOTISM

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

OT: PATRIOTISM

Post by cavaliereagle »

http://www.wistv.com/2019/02/11/picture ... oes-viral/

I thought this was lost with today's youth. It truly warmed my heart to see these young Americans show patriotism and respect for our flag. God Bless America and these young fellows. May they be an example for others.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

dacoach
No Team Affiliation

Re: OT: PATRIOTISM

Post by dacoach »

American Society today is struggling to identify what "Patriotism" actually looks like. We are in such a transcending flux of political and moral ideology right now that people are having a hard time identifying or associating with things that were once staples of our U.S. moral fiber.

Not all of this is bad... change is good in most cases... however, it seems the pendulum is swinging so fast and so hard in directions that are counter to American culture, that most people are just flustered and angry.

:idea:

Bob Loblaw
No Team Affiliation

Post by Bob Loblaw »

Patriotism has nothing to do with a flag.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

What does Patriotism have to do with then

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

dacoach wrote:American Society today is struggling to identify what "Patriotism" actually looks like. We are in such a transcending flux of political and moral ideology right now that people are having a hard time identifying or associating with things that were once staples of our U.S. moral fiber.

Not all of this is bad... change is good in most cases... however, it seems the pendulum is swinging so fast and so hard in directions that are counter to American culture, that most people are just flustered and angry.

:idea:

The whole political and moral ideology in this day and age is being flipped and turned upside down due to the left wing media politicians trying to spin everything to meet their agenda. Its a damn crying shame that people are so hell bent on ruining this great country. If we the people don't stand up and start resisting some of this crap that the left and the democrats are trying to push down our throats we will look like a european country or maybe even worse a 3rd world country

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

Bob Loblaw wrote:Patriotism has nothing to do with a flag.
patriotic. Respect for the country's flag, a desire to see your nation succeed, and a deep, abiding love of your country are all patriotic expressions, but being patriotic doesn't mean you think your country's perfect — just that you love it.
patriotic - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/patriotic

Bob Loblaw
No Team Affiliation

Post by Bob Loblaw »

I think patriotism has more to do with understanding why some people don't want to stand for the national anthem, or why some people don't feel represented by long-standing symbols such as the American flag. Saying "people are so hell bent on ruining this great country" is a cop out, in my opinion. To me, patriotism is making sure all citizens feel represented, from people of color to our veterans. If people don't think the system is working for them, don't call them names. Engage in dialogue, talk to those whose beliefs don't align with yours. That's what America is about: Coming together to make sure this great country works for everyone.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Its kind of funny this great country was working great until 2 years ago and now all the snowflakes and liberals are all pissed off cause the female natzi didn't get the office of president. Kind of ironic that all of this social unrest just started happening the last couple of years but whatever

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

Bob Loblaw wrote:I think patriotism has more to do with understanding why some people don't want to stand for the national anthem, or why some people don't feel represented by long-standing symbols such as the American flag. Saying "people are so hell bent on ruining this great country" is a cop out, in my opinion. To me, patriotism is making sure all citizens feel represented, from people of color to our veterans. If people don't think the system is working for them, don't call them names. Engage in dialogue, talk to those whose beliefs don't align with yours. That's what America is about: Coming together to make sure this great country works for everyone.
All citizens are represented. Also, many of our vets are people of color. This country obviously works quite well for people. I heard many talking of leaving if Trump was elected. They're still here.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Bob Loblaw wrote:Patriotism has nothing to do with a flag.
You must be a Hillary supporter...and he husband did not inhale either!!