5A FOOTBALL STATE GAME AT CLEMSON?????

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Re: 5A FOOTBALL STATE GAME AT CLEMSON?????

Post by racincowboy02 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :oops: :oops: Kiss it Newcat lol we shouldve won that one but you know how that is lol

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

racincowboy02 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :oops: :oops: Kiss it Newcat lol we shouldve won that one but you know how that is lol
That was some Gaffney fan making about 10K on them shirts!! :o

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Yea they sure did lol everybody thought we had that game boy were we wrong

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

SC football state championship games might return to Clemson. Here’s why
BY LOU BEZJAK | MARCH 12, 2019
:arrow: https://www.thestate.com/sports/high-sc ... 23139.html

HiTechRedNeck
No Team Affiliation

Post by HiTechRedNeck »

ALL Championship games should be played on a high school campus - no need to fight, bicker, etc. All other games are played on HS fields, so why not? No facility charge; more $$ for the schools not to mention the SCHSL (who answers to no one by the way) and would probably mean a more of a "packed house" atmosphere rather than a partial lower bowl with 40,000 plus empty upper deck seats. Plenty of options for larger HS fields in central part of state too - Spring Valley, River Bluff, etc. IMO, Harry Parone Stadium would be an awesome venue for a title game!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

HiTechRedNeck wrote:ALL Championship games should be played on a high school campus - no need to fight, bicker, etc. All other games are played on HS fields, so why not? No facility charge; more $$ for the schools not to mention the SCHSL (who answers to no one by the way) and would probably mean a more of a "packed house" atmosphere rather than a partial lower bowl with 40,000 plus empty upper deck seats. Plenty of options for larger HS fields in central part of state too - Spring Valley, River Bluff, etc. IMO, Harry Parone Stadium would be an awesome venue for a title game!
I agree, Parone Stadium would be an awesome venue for A title game. But it would be a nightmare trying to host two or three title games there in a single day. They would have to play each game at a different venue. (Spring Valley, Blythewood, River Bluff,...) That would be a bad day for those of us that like to attend multiple games.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

racincowboy02 wrote:Yea they sure did lol everybody thought we had that game boy were we wrong
Sorry we messed you up there.....

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

HiTechRedNeck wrote:ALL Championship games should be played on a high school campus - no need to fight, bicker, etc. All other games are played on HS fields, so why not? No facility charge; more $$ for the schools not to mention the SCHSL (who answers to no one by the way) and would probably mean a more of a "packed house" atmosphere rather than a partial lower bowl with 40,000 plus empty upper deck seats. Plenty of options for larger HS fields in central part of state too - Spring Valley, River Bluff, etc. IMO, Harry Parone Stadium would be an awesome venue for a title game!
The problem with this option, visiting sides usually too small.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
The problem with this option, visiting sides usually too small.
I just checked out some of the stadiums in the Columbia area on google maps. Not quite "Dorman sized" but the vistors stands look sufficiently large at Parone (Spring Valley), Blythewood, Westwood and Dutch Fork. Too small at River Bluff, Lexingon and White Knoll.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Deputy wrote:Doesn't need to be on the coast. At either CCU or the Citadel. That would be just as unfair to the upstate teams as having it in Clemson will be to the folks from the lower state.
SERIOUSLY??? Even if you lose the game at the coastal venue...your still at the BEACH!!! You still win!! :mrgreen: