Sumter 27 Irmo 9

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Sumter 27 Irmo 9

Post by bbrown1240 »

Caught the live stream on WACH Fox. I’m a little worried about this Sumter team going into the playoffs now. I don’t know what to think about that game. I believe we allowed over 300 yards to Irmo. Albeit we didn’t allow a touchdown, we’re probably going down early if we play like that in the playoffs.Defense didn’t play well at all but deserve credit for knuckling up when they had to. Offensive penalties are killing our drives and I know referees talk about us. We get called for holding what seems like at least once per drive. I think Flowers ran for 180 yards but I think Irmo got called for holding once and only had 3 penalties on the night. Flowers is a good back and is probably the healthiest he has been all season. He is committed to Wake Forest and will probably get a bunch of carries as a freshman. Irmo may pose a problem for a team in the playoffs.I imagine how many points we could have scored. Home field will help is but we have to play better and be more disciplined.

Then again, in the playoffs it doesn’t matter how many yards you allow, only what’s on the scoreboard at the end of the game.