New members: A Word About Team Affiliations...

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

New members: A Word About Team Affiliations...

Post by DeCav »

I've seen a couple of posts asking about having your screen name the color of your team with your team's name under your screen name.

The team affiliation feature is a two step process. You have to join the group of the team you pull for AND make that group your default group.

When I see a new member with no team affiliation, I usually go look at their profile page and see they've joined the group successfully but have not made that group the default group. If your team is not your default group, your screen name will continue to say, "No Team Affiliation".

The following is from our FAQ...
SF Band dad wrote:3. How do I add my school's name and mascot under my screen-name and change my screen name color?

We decided to the use the forum's Rank feature for team names instead of the usual ranks based on the number of posts and replies. The rank is automatically set when you join a school Group and make that group your default group. Initially everyone is in the generic group "No Team Affiliation".

4. How do I join a school Group?

To join a group:
- Go to the User Control Panel available in the top menu bar:
- Select the Usergroups tab.
- Select the Group you wish to join by clicking the circle to the right of it.*
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit the [Submit] button.
Follow the instructions below to make this your default group.

* If your school isn't listed just send a PM to SF Band dad or SCPrepTalk and we'll get it setup.

4a. How do I change my Default (school) Group?
You can be a member of multiple Groups, to select your Default Group:
- Go to the User Control Panel available in the top menu bar:
- Select the Usergroups tab.
- Select the Group you want as your Default by clicking the circle to the left of it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit the [Change default group] button.
I encourage everyone to take a moment and read through the FAQ that SF Band Dad prepared. There are some clever tricks there to help you improve your posts and I use the FAQ often to capture standard codes for posting links and pics and stuff.

If anyone has problems just send me a PM and I'll change it for you. Also if I affiliate you with a team and you do not wish to be, you can change that yourself or send me a PM and I'll change it for you.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: New members: A Word About Team Affiliations...

Post by SF Band dad »

If your school isn't listed or you can't get it to work, just drop me a Private Message or reply on this topic and I'll be happy to sort it out for you.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: New members: A Word About Team Affiliations...

Post by DeCav »

Bump
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson