Scorestream Mobile App- Discussions & Suggestions

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions and a forum for suggesting and discussing ideas about how to improve the board.
trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Re: SC PrepTalk Live 4A Scoreboard - 31 Oct

Post by trojangrad78 »

I will be traveling Friday night and not actually attending the NW vs RH game....family first!! That being said, I will try to set up the app and score the NW vs RH and the Gaffney vs Fort Mill games as I will be listening to them via the WRHI (local radio station) app. If anyone is interested in keeping up with Rock Hill, Northwestern, South Pointe, Clover, Fort Mill, Nation Ford, Lancaster games, this app is really nice and easy to flip between the streams of the games.

All depends on whether or not I am doing the driving Friday night. Worst case, I will text the scores to a few people that can spread the word.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

No need to score the Gaffney game. Racincowboy has already signed up to score it.

If anyone is considering scoring a game, check the links in the first post of this thread. If that game appears then someone has already signed up to score it and there's probably no need to do it yourself. Of course this only signals intent and poop happens so feel free to check in and make sure you're not needed come kickoff.

Incidentally, my iPhone auto corrected "racincowboy" to "racism cowboy". Seems Siri is about as objective as some folks on PFT. :mrgreen:
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

GATORFAN#001 wrote:Just downloaded it for Goose Creek in region 7
Feel free to go ahead and sign up to score your game whenever you're able. That will help populate the links throughout the week.

We're not sure if 2 people can score the same game at once yet. It wouldn't make sense to give the first person who signs up sole control over the scoring because there's always an outside chance someone could hi jack the game. BUT, we are in communication with the app's creators and if anyone proves to be unreliable I have no doubt that their ability to score future games can be removed.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Just got a text from BEF. I believe we can expect him to cover the Eagles game.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

For scorekeepers, once the game is created and activated on your phone, go to your menu on the app and look under "My Games". The games you've signed up to score will show up there and will be waiting for kickoff.

Joshua.Stephens
ScoreStream.com

Post by Joshua.Stephens »

>We're not sure if 2 people can score the same game at once yet.

You can. As a mater of fact the more people scoring the better. It allows the system to tell which scorers are legit and which are entering bad data. This ranking follows you to other games as well.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Wow. That is impressive. You fellows have put a lot of effort into the app!

I noticed I was getting pushed pop ups on my iPhone Friday whenever SF BandDad commented while he was scoring but no pop ups for actual score changes. I'm wondering if fans are gonna desire pop ups for score changes as well.

Joshua.Stephens
ScoreStream.com

Post by Joshua.Stephens »

In an effort to not bother people we limit how many messages we send out how frequent, and limit how late we send out alerts at all. We intend to have some way for you to chose how many updates you'd like to get. As it stands now, we're collecting data on who opens the alerts and which type, so if you want more of a kind of alert keep opening them. :D

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

We will know more come 11:00 pm this Friday. Hopefully our members will sign up and give some feedback.

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Live 4A Scoreboard - Download the App - Score your team

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Just downloaded for Greenwood. Just gotta play around with it now to get the settings right