Scorestream Mobile App- Discussions & Suggestions

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions and a forum for suggesting and discussing ideas about how to improve the board.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Scorestream Mobile App- Discussions & Suggestions

Post by SF Band dad »

Several of us a playing around with a free phone App offered by ScoreStream. It allows fans to provide live updates to the game they are watching and to follow other games they are interested in.

Several of us gave it a try last week and it seemed reasonably easy to score a game and to follow other games that are being scored. It's not perfect but we decided to make everyone here aware of it and encourage people to give it a try. Not enough games are being live scored now, but if we can just get a handful of people in each region doing it we'll have a very good live scoreboard.

The phone App's "Featured Games" are simply based on your location, and didn't feature the games we were really interested in. To bridge that gap we have created a number of custom scoreboards linked to the ScoreStream website, links to those scoreboards are below.

The games won't be listed until someone signs up to score it live. Last week that didn't happen until Friday evening. They will update every 60 seconds once the game starts. ScoreStream will add the final scores of the other games once they become aware of them. (I'm not sure when they do that, but all 4A scores were there when I got home from the game Friday night.)

Some phones do not display all the 4A games on the main scoreboard correctly, for that reason we have created individual region scoreboards that are more phone friendly.

The App is available at the iPhone store and Google play. Get more info and download the App here: http://scorestream.com/

6 Nov 14: Links updated for Week 11.

A game won't show up on the scoreboard until someone signs up to score it live or when Scorestream posts the final scores as they receive them.

Main Scoreboard - All 4A Games

Region Scoreboards - More phone friendly

Region 1

Region 2

Region 3

Region 4

Region 5

Region 6

Region 7

Region 8

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Re: SC PrepTalk Live 4A Scoreboard - 31 Oct

Post by racincowboy02 »

I've got it downloaded and I'll update the Gaffney games for the rest of the season if I can figure out how to get it set up

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

racincowboy02 wrote:I've got it downloaded and I'll update the Gaffney games for the rest of the season if I can figure out how to get it set up
The App is a little quirky, don't pull a "DeCav" and start the game a day or two early by experimenting with the score updates. :lol:

I messed up last night and forgot to put in an update when the first quarter ended. I was able to correct it by changing the score back to what it was at the end of the quarter, changing the quarter, then changing the score back. The box score corrected. Not bad for a rookie.

I'm sure we're going to get some goofy results while everyone gets used to it. :)

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

How do I set up my game to be in the scpreptalk scoreboard

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I like the way the scoreboard widgets work. Users will notice there's only 3 games that show up when you click the main scoreboard link. Those are also the only three games that currently show if you browse through the links per region. That's because only me,SF BandDad, and racincowboy have signed up to score games so far. As more people sign up to score games, more matchups will be visible.

This is convenient because fans won't have to waste time digging for the games you want to see. If the game isn't visible it's because nobody is scoring the game. So you should be able to know right away on Friday nights which scores you'll find with the app and which scores you'll need to find elsewhere.

Scoring games on the app is a breeze but following other games on the app is kind of a pain. Even though you create a list of teams you want to follow, it doesn't mean that on Friday night any of those games will show up on your app. You have to search for each game anyway and apparently those games don't even show up on the app until game time. I imagine I will be scoring the game on the app and following the other games on my phone's browser.

One thing SF forgot to mention is there is a comment thread under the scoreboard for each game page. Clicking on any game should take you a page for that game where fans can comment during the game if they have created a free account.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

racincowboy02 wrote:How do I set up my game to be in the scpreptalk scoreboard
RC, it's pretty straightforward. Download the app to your phone and then sign up to create your free account. You'll create a username. Most of us are just naturally using the same name on scorestream that we use here.

Once you have your account created, log in on your scorestream app. Look for the funcion button, on the iphone it's the three horizontal lines button. Click that and then click "Score a game". Click on "Home Team" and type in the home team. Then click on "Away Team" and type in the name for that team. Enter the date and time the game will start. Then click the start button. That activates the game and it will now show up on SF's links above. As he said, resist the temptation to fiddle around with the score until kickoff. It logs every change.

Scoring the game is simple. You can click buttons for score increments based on how the team scored or you can simply click on the score itself and type in a score. Unless the kicker is automatic don't enter extra points until the ref signals good. I haven't experimented enough yet with undoing score entries. As SF said, the Dorman/BS game page shows that the game started on Monday with each team scoring and then erasing points and then scoring again. We'll share tips on this thread about how to correct things like that. Also remember to track quarter changes. There is a button for that and also for halftime. Once you set up the Gaffney game to be scored it should appear in the links above.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Ah, it is already there. I see you figured it out without any help. :D

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

I'll be scoring the SF vs Socastee game in the App and following one or more of the regional scoreboards in my phone's browser.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I just got a response from scorestream about my feedback I sent them.

One of the things that threw me Friday night was I assumed because final scores were entered for so many games from the previous week that it meant people were scoring them live. That was not the case. This must be a very young app indeed because as near as I can tell, SF and I were the only two fans scoring a game in 4A Friday night. That might explain some of my frustration with not being able to find other games to follow because it wasn't actually difficult at all to bring up the South Florence game score on my app.

One thing I want to emphasize, and I think SF will back me up on this, is that sharing the score of your game using scorestream is infinitely faster and simpler that sending out texts.

GATORFAN#001
Goose Creek Gators

Post by GATORFAN#001 »

Just downloaded it for Goose Creek in region 7

THE GOOSE CREEK MACHINE KEEPS ON ROLLING. SWAMP TALK AND "THE 5 th Quarter" state wide show Producer...