Scorestream Mobile App- Discussions & Suggestions

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions and a forum for suggesting and discussing ideas about how to improve the board.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Live 4A Scoreboard - Download the App - Score your team

Post by DeCav »

...says the "OLD" cat. You might as well use terms like "newfangled". :lol:
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Joshua.Stephens wrote:You rang?

>Not sure what I am doing wrong. I never see an option to select a date.

Yeah the android version you have doesn't let you schedule games for times other than right now. Sorry. I added the feature yesterday and the next release will have it.

>QuickScore

When you press the "Post" button there's a few buttons above the keyboard for twitter and facebook. If you select either of those you'll be prompted to log in. Once you're logged in, your posts will go to ScoreStream and the service(s) you chose. Those little icons will also show up on the QuickScore button and when you press QuickScore the text containing the score will be posted to the selected services. You should be able to log into Facebook on Android. However they've just changed something and some people are unable to post (your posts will have a little red X thru the Facebook logo.) iPhones seem unaffected. I'm working on fixing that right now, but I probably won't be done in time for this weeks games.

Have a great Friday guys, and post some pics!
Yep, I got the same response from David. Apparently Facebook threw a curve ball that has to be hammered out for the Android operating system.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

OLDCAT wrote:Bag the app...stick with texting updates!!!! :lol: ;)
bump dem texting updates. It was cold tonight at the freshman game and shaking hands dont text so well. App is WAYYY easier.

OLDCAT
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by OLDCAT »

DeCav wrote:...says the "OLD" cat. You might as well use terms like "newfangled". :lol:
And " Gizmo" and " Fancy Gadgets"... :lol: :lol: Heck...y don't u guyz invent a way to stream games off the phones to the board...then we don't need the texting or "newfangled app"!!!! Lol

Joshua.Stephens
ScoreStream.com

Post by Joshua.Stephens »

> Bag the app...stick with texting updates!!!!

Awww. That hurts.

How many of you guys are posting only to friends you have on Facebook? I recommend Twitter, it's better for targeting lots of people and it doesn't cause me near as much grief on a daily basis. :)

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Josh, a couple of things tonight that kept coming up....

Possession: In a future release, would it be possible to have a football icon to toggle from side to side to indicate possession? I just used the comment thread to indicate who had the ball but my buddy beside me commented a small football icon to toggle back and forth would be cool and faster.

Also, at certain times I'll feel inclined to indicate he time left on the clock. Scrolling up and down works ok but I kept thinking all game long that it would more convenient to have a small keypad to just type in the time...."325" would be "3:25". "1134" would be "11:34" , kinda like a microwave panel works. Ok, those are my only requests.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I don't have a twitter account. I'm over 40. As Douglas Adams said, "Any technology existing when you were born is commonplace and not to be marveled at. Any technology developed between your teens and middle age is cutting edge and exciting. Any technology developed any later in your life than that is "newfangled" and not to be trusted. :mrgreen:

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I'm willing to try the twitter thing though. Maybe next week.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

OLDCAT wrote:
DeCav wrote:...says the "OLD" cat. You might as well use terms like "newfangled". :lol:
And " Gizmo" and " Fancy Gadgets"... :lol: :lol: Heck...y don't u guyz invent a way to stream games off the phones to the board...then we don't need the texting or "newfangled app"!!!! Lol
dude, that's what this app does! haha.

You click on the links in the first post of this thread tomorrow night and see if that isn't exactly what happens. :D

Terry can't make it tomorrow. You coming? I got a free reserved ticket in a sexy blue bucket seat for ya with my bros!

Joshua.Stephens
ScoreStream.com

Post by Joshua.Stephens »

DeCav wrote: Possession: In a future release, would it be possible to have a football icon to toggle from side to side to indicate possession?
I think that's a reasonable idea, I'll have to think about it. It would be more difficult to keep track of in other sports because it changes much faster.
DeCav wrote: it would more convenient to have a small keypad to just type in the time...."325" would be "3:25". "1134" would be "11:34"
I like this. I'll put it on the list. I don't really think the scrolly wheels we have now bring anything to the party.