Scorestream Mobile App- Discussions & Suggestions

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions and a forum for suggesting and discussing ideas about how to improve the board.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Live 4A Scoreboard - Download the App - Score your team

Post by SF Band dad »

Only 20 games left without scorers,.... :|

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

What if we had a list of unscored games that could be updated. Could be a weekly thread. We post the matchups (copied and pasted from 74's pick ems) and members post for each game sign up and we updated the list with a mark through on that game. Would be extra work but maybe we wouldn't have to do it every week once things got rolling.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

DeCav wrote:What if we had a list of unscored games that could be updated. Could be a weekly thread. We post the matchups (copied and pasted from 74's pick ems) and members post for each game sign up and we updated the list with a mark through on that game. Would be extra work but maybe we wouldn't have to do it every week once things got rolling.
I post each week's 4A games on the "Schedules" topic: http://www.scpreptalk.com/viewtopic.php ... t=40#p8985" target="_blank

5Vikings
Spartanburg Vikings

Post by 5Vikings »

I have Downloaded the App and can Update Spartanburg if yall need it...

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

That would be awesome.

A couple of things to remember...

....nevermind. I just checked and you have the game already set up and displaying in the link. Thanks and good luck to the Vikings this Friday!

For other folks I will reiterate 2 things....

1) When you choose to score the game and set up both teams, remember to also dial in the start date and time. That will get the link automatically appearing in the scoreboard links. You can click start game after that and basically the game will be in standby mode until the date and time you entered for the game to begin.

2)Resist the temptation to play around with the scoreboard before the game begins. Weirdly even though the app says the game hasn't begun yet it will log every score change and clock change you make and the only way to correct it is to get the scorestream company to edit it.

Naturally you'll want to get acquainted with the mechanics of it before you have to use it for real. Just take my word for it, you won't need any practice. The interface is almost pre-school it's so easy. You can increment scores with buttons for TD's, FG's, PAT's, Safeties or you can just click either team's score and type in the score you want it to be (not as in wishful thinking :lol:.......I mean what the actual score is. )
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I never see an option to select a date. I select the home team and the away team and the only button available is START. When I click on it the app shows the game in the first qtr. I see where a few games are loaded with start dates and times but I have no idea how they did this. I tried the test teams and set up to send the scores to my facebook page but that is not working either. Possibly this is not an active feature for the test teams. And the Quickscore....from the help pop up it states to post scores quickly to your social networking account you must chose one of services under the Post button. I have yet to see anything posted to my facebook page. I did check my list of Apps in Facebook and ScoreStream is listed. Does anyone know where I can download the ScoreStream for Dummies PDF?

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Hmm...I'm wondering if you're using an android operating system. No problems on the iphone setting up the start date. As for questions, the scorestream guys have an account now with our site and have posted a few times in this thread. I will direct them to your post and see if they can answer your questions with regards to the facebook issue.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Yeah you must be using android. My wife's galaxy has the same problem, no place to enter the start date. Facebook link worked well on my iPhone though.

Joshua.Stephens
ScoreStream.com

Post by Joshua.Stephens »

You rang?

>Not sure what I am doing wrong. I never see an option to select a date.

Yeah the android version you have doesn't let you schedule games for times other than right now. Sorry. I added the feature yesterday and the next release will have it.

>QuickScore

When you press the "Post" button there's a few buttons above the keyboard for twitter and facebook. If you select either of those you'll be prompted to log in. Once you're logged in, your posts will go to ScoreStream and the service(s) you chose. Those little icons will also show up on the QuickScore button and when you press QuickScore the text containing the score will be posted to the selected services. You should be able to log into Facebook on Android. However they've just changed something and some people are unable to post (your posts will have a little red X thru the Facebook logo.) iPhones seem unaffected. I'm working on fixing that right now, but I probably won't be done in time for this weeks games.

Have a great Friday guys, and post some pics!

OLDCAT
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by OLDCAT »

Bag the app...stick with texting updates!!!! :lol: ;)