Scorestream Mobile App- Discussions & Suggestions

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions and a forum for suggesting and discussing ideas about how to improve the board.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Live 4A Scoreboard - Download the App - Score your team

Post by DeCav »

Joshua.Stephens wrote:
DeCav wrote: Possession: In a future release, would it be possible to have a football icon to toggle from side to side to indicate possession?
I think that's a reasonable idea, I'll have to think about it. It would be more difficult to keep track of in other sports because it changes much faster.
DeCav wrote: it would more convenient to have a small keypad to just type in the time...."325" would be "3:25". "1134" would be "11:34"
I like this. I'll put it on the list. I don't really think the scrolly wheels we have now bring anything to the party.
Yeah and they're linear, not 360. If the last time was 3:58 and I want to get to 3:05 for instance. On the seconds wheel I can't just scroll up 7 ticks to get to :08, I have to scroll all the way back down 51 ticks.

For the record, YES, THESE ARE 1ST WORLD PROBLEMS! :lol:
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

As for the possession issue in other sports, could you just have a button where you turn on or disable that feature?
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joshua.Stephens
ScoreStream.com

Post by Joshua.Stephens »

DeCav wrote:
Yeah and they're linear, not 360. If the last time was 3:58 and I want to get to 3:05 for instance. On the seconds wheel I can't just scroll up 7 ticks to get to :08, I have to scroll all the way back down 51 ticks.
Agreed, that's dumb. oops.

Joshua.Stephens
ScoreStream.com

Post by Joshua.Stephens »

DeCav wrote:As for the possession issue in other sports, could you just have a button where you turn on or disable that feature?
Yeahhhhhh maybe. Perhaps you could describe it in text "The unbeatable wildcats take over on downs from the hapless mustangs"

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Excellent stuff guys. :D

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Haha. Don't even get me started on being wordy! :lol:

I once posted a 7,000 word post on our old site, so I can throw down on some wordsmitthing! :mrgreen:

But no kidding, typing in late October outside is no kinda fun at all.

Alright folks I think I'm done for the night!

GBG, I fixed the start date for the Greenwave game so you're good to go! It will say Decav is scoring the game but don't believe it! :D

Just jump on your phone tomorrow night and start scoring and it should work just fine. If for some reason it doesn't show up just click "find a team" and look for summerville, the game should pop right up and you're good to go.

Peace out dudes!

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

DeCav wrote:Peace out dudes!
Good night, hippie.

Get a haircut,....and get off my lawn.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Dude, all kidding aside I really do need a haircut!

bruindad79
South Florence Bruins

Post by bruindad79 »

Ruben, thx for scoring the SF game, I'll be doing my usual maxpreps scoring on my phone.

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Joshua.Stephens wrote:You rang?

>Not sure what I am doing wrong. I never see an option to select a date.

Yeah the android version you have doesn't let you schedule games for times other than right now. Sorry. I added the feature yesterday and the next release will have it.

>QuickScore

When you press the "Post" button there's a few buttons above the keyboard for twitter and facebook. If you select either of those you'll be prompted to log in. Once you're logged in, your posts will go to ScoreStream and the service(s) you chose. Those little icons will also show up on the QuickScore button and when you press QuickScore the text containing the score will be posted to the selected services. You should be able to log into Facebook on Android. However they've just changed something and some people are unable to post (your posts will have a little red X thru the Facebook logo.) iPhones seem unaffected. I'm working on fixing that right now, but I probably won't be done in time for this weeks games.

Have a great Friday guys, and post some pics!
Thanks Joshua. I feel a little better now :mrgreen:. I do get the little red X through my Facebook logo when I try to post to Facebook. Should I uninstall Scorestream on my Andriod(Samsung Galaxy S4) and reinstall? I was not sure if the "next release" is ready yet or not.