Recruitment

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions and a forum for suggesting and discussing ideas about how to improve the board.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Recruitment

Post by DeCav »

I've been doing some research and have found out that there are some cool things we may be able to do with custom modifications that are outside of the scope of the standard forum model.

But what I'm hearing from some experts is that there may be some growing pains with regard to testing things that we want to do with the site and that it's going to be a lot easier to customize and set the board up at the beginning with fewer members than it will be if membership has grown by any significant amount so I'm inclined to suggest that we don't get too aggressive with trying to get people to sign up at this point.

Remember the reboot on PFT about 3 or 4 years ago when all the posts were lost and everybody had to create an account all over again? I think that just as you wouldn't want patrons coming in to your new restaurant while you're trying to remodel the inside it might be easier to tweak things on the board with a smaller membership than with a larger one. Especially when you consider the load that will be placed on moderators once traffic really starts flowing.

Lemme know what you think.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: Recruitment

Post by cavaliereagle »

I'm forced to agree with you. I know nothing about computers, so i'll take your word for it.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: Recruitment

Post by SF Band dad »

I agree. We've got time, I don't think most fans or parents pay any attention to spring practice games or summer passing leagues. However, looking at the pageview count, we will surely have to upgrade to a paid account. We will need to have the advertising and/or paypal tip-jar figured out before August.