BANNED

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions and a forum for suggesting and discussing ideas about how to improve the board.
cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

BANNED

Post by cavaliereagle »

For some reason, when i'm using my VPN, I get kicked off and a message that i'm banned. It doesn't always happen, just occasionally. I'm showing in the Midwest every time it happens. When showing in the NY area, it never happens. Any suggestions? Other than don't use the VPN? I had to turn it off tonight to post this. That's also why I haven't been posting as much.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Re: BANNED

Post by SCPrepTalk »

cavaliereagle wrote:For some reason, when i'm using my VPN, I get kicked off and a message that i'm banned. It doesn't always happen, just occasionally. I'm showing in the Midwest every time it happens. When showing in the NY area, it never happens. Any suggestions? Other than don't use the VPN? I had to turn it off tonight to post this. That's also why I haven't been posting as much.
That is a new one.

I will have to research that issue.
Until then, I guess don't use the VPN.

My best guess is that it is probably using an IP address that was banned back when we were getting a ton of Spam.
We have now solved that issue. (or at least calmed it downed)

If you know how to check it, send me in a PM, the IP address that it says that you are posting from when you are in VPN.
I will UN-BAN that IP address if that is what is causing the issue.
I will also do some research.

Apologize for the problem.

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: BANNED

Post by cavaliereagle »

SCPrepTalk wrote:
cavaliereagle wrote:For some reason, when i'm using my VPN, I get kicked off and a message that i'm banned. It doesn't always happen, just occasionally. I'm showing in the Midwest every time it happens. When showing in the NY area, it never happens. Any suggestions? Other than don't use the VPN? I had to turn it off tonight to post this. That's also why I haven't been posting as much.
That is a new one.

I will have to research that issue.
Until then, I guess don't use the VPN.

My best guess is that it is probably using an IP address that was banned back when we were getting a ton of Spam.
We have now solved that issue. (or at least calmed it downed)

If you know how to check it, send me in a PM, the IP address that it says that you are posting from when you are in VPN.
I will UN-BAN that IP address if that is what is causing the issue.
I will also do some research.

Apologize for the problem.
Thank you sir. I'll pm you when it gets me again. It's allowing me to use it right now. It is also showing me in the NY area right now. With this VPN you can only choose a country. With my previous service you could pick a city. It really isn't a big deal for me. I only need the VPN when banking online or other personal things such as that. I'm more concerned for folks in those areas that can't use the service that may really think they're banned.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.