Jags are already trying to get the #1 draft pick

A forum for Pro Sports, College Sports, Racing, Music, Hobbies, and other Interests.
*No Politics please.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Jags are already trying to get the #1 draft pick

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Trades getting nothing in return....

Cutting Leonard Fornette....

This morning, discussions that they were "Tanking for Trevor" the Clemson QB and maybe even trying to get Dabo as well. I don't know if Dabo would want to leave Clemson, but Jacksonville and the #1 pick to get Trevor might tempt him; but they are going to have to write two big checks. One to Dabo and one to Clemson.....

I personally doubt that he would leave Clemson; but I don't know Dabo. I always thought that the only place he might leave for would be Alabama since that is where he went to school.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: Jags are already trying to get the #1 draft pick

Post by Penguin »

Mmmmmm, not so sure about the tanking. Fournette has been a bad seed from his LSU days. Sometimes you just have to cut bait and run away. I feel that Dabo would only consider Bama, but not take that job, just use it as leverage. He can go nowhere but down from what he has built at CU. Bama, much like Texas was to Mack Brown, is a seat too big for most behinds.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: Jags are already trying to get the #1 draft pick

Post by Penguin »

After seeing how Jax is cleaning house of all quality players this week, you may be right about them tanking. I am mentally filtering through the NFL teams in my mind, and I cannot think of another team with which they would need to compete. They were already the worst team in the league by a wide margin. Other contenders like the Clowns and the Bungles should be upgraded from last season. Nope, not another team in the league that will even come close to having the top pick in next year's draft.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!