Big Changes in the NCAA Texas & Oklahoma to the SEC?????

A forum for Pro Sports, College Sports, Racing, Music, Hobbies, and other Interests.
*No Politics please.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Big Changes in the NCAA Texas & Oklahoma to the SEC?????

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Rumor has it that Texas and Oklahoma are looking to join the Southeastern Conference, which would in essence, eliminate the Big XII Conference. I believe this will cause a chain effect that would see the Big Ten grab Iowa State and Oklahoma State ( or maybe Cincinnati ) and the ACC would take West Virginia and Notre Dame might be forced to completely join the ACC instead of everything but football. That would leave the American Athletic Conference and what is left of the Big XII to merge as the Big XII is still in the College Football Playoffs unless there is wording in the contract for just a situation like this. Leaving us with this as the new conference situation .. I took a shot at how they would divide the conference into two divisions.

ACC N Boston College Eagles
ACC N Louisville Cardinals
ACC N Notre Dame Fighting Irish
ACC N Pittsburgh Panthers
ACC N Syracuse Orange
ACC N Virginia Cavaliers
ACC N Virginia Tech Hokies
ACC N West Virginia Mountaineers

ACC S Clemson Tigers
ACC S Duke Blue Devils
ACC S Florida State Seminoles
ACC S Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
ACC S Miami Hurricanes
ACC S NC State Wolfpack
ACC S North Carolina Tar Heels
ACC S Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Big Ten E Illinois Fighting Illini
Big Ten E Indiana Hoosiers
Big Ten E Maryland Terrapins
Big Ten E Northwestern Wildcats
Big Ten E Ohio State Buckeyes
Big Ten E Penn State Nittany Lions
Big Ten E Purdue Boilermakers
Big Ten E Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Big Ten W Iowa Hawkeyes
Big Ten W Iowa State Cyclones
Big Ten W Michigan State Spartans
Big Ten W Michigan Wolverines
Big Ten W Minnesota Golden Gophers
Big Ten W Nebraska Cornhuskers
Big Ten W Oklahoma State Cowboys
Big Ten W Wisconsin Badgers

SEC E Alabama Crimson Tide
SEC E Auburn Tigers
SEC E Florida Gators
SEC E Georgia Bulldogs
SEC E Kentucky Wildcats
SEC E South Carolina Gamecocks
SEC E Tennessee Volunteers
SEC E Vanderbilt Commodores

SEC W Arkansas Razorbacks
SEC W LSU Tigers
SEC W Mississippi State Bulldogs
SEC W Missouri Tigers
SEC W Oklahoma Sooners
SEC W Ole Miss Rebels
SEC W Texas A&M Aggies
SEC W Texas Longhorns

AAC/XII E Cincinnati Bearcats
AAC/XII E East Carolina Pirates
AAC/XII E Memphis Tigers
AAC/XII E Navy Midshipmen
AAC/XII E South Florida Bulls
AAC/XII E Temple Owls
AAC/XII E Tulane Green Wave
AAC/XII E UCF Knights

AAC/XII W Baylor Bears
AAC/XII W Houston Cougars
AAC/XII W Kansas Jayhawks
AAC/XII W Kansas State Wildcats
AAC/XII W SMU Mustangs
AAC/XII W TCU Horned Frogs
AAC/XII W Texas Tech Red Raiders
AAC/XII W Tulsa Golden Hurricane

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: Big Changes in the NCAA Texas & Oklahoma to the SEC?????

Post by Penguin »

Couple of things:

1) You have the E-Z-C correct. About the only way that they could go.

2) The ACC does not want, nor will it have, The WV Sister-Kissers. They wll take UConn. The ND Beadstringers are a done deal. Funny how your ACC-North looks eerily similar to the old Big Least. My first thoughts about the ACC was also WV. It has been publically stated that they aren't going to take them for whatever reason. Probably something to do with UVa. Then there is also Huggy-Bear and his brand of Thug-Ball that does not fit the mold of ACC Baskeball.

3) Colorado wants out of the PAC-12. Nebraska wants out of the Big-10. I see them in a Conference with Iowa State, Kansas, K-State, SMU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor, TCU, Houston, WV, Cincinatti, UCF, USF, and Memphis. (Tulsa could replace Cincinatti with the Kats moving to the depleted Big-10)

4) Boise State moves to the PAC-12 to replace Colorado. The PAC-12 has stated that they will remain at 12 schools for the immediate future.

5) The Big-10 is going to come out the Big-Loser. Their transformation to the Big-Butteye has made them a conference that has no appeal. Adding Rutgers and Maryland has also made them a very weak academic conference. I see them as forced to somehow merge with the Pac-12 just to survive.

Things are about to get really jumbled, no matter which pieces fall where. But the biggest chip to fall, is going to be the NCAA. All of these member institutions are going to move away from it's governance. Most are sick and tired of it's inability to enforce even-handed rulings in a timely manner. The NCAA punishing schools and players who had nothing to do with infractions has worn thin. Time for the crime to fit the punishment. And time to step away from all of the ticky-tac BS that the NCAA has hung it's hat upon. Players are going to be paid, as they should be, and coches are going to face the music for their cheating. I am looking forward to all of the above. Take a good thing, and make it even better.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I've had some time since I made this post, (Jul 22) and I'm not sure the ACC will take West Virginia (but the only thing I can see UCONN bringing is Geno and his girls).

After some time, I'm not sure what is going to happen; however, Notre Dame's independence in football alone is one of the biggest things to watch. As most everyone knows, they are in the ACC for everything except football and they are under contract for a few more years (even though we all know that means diddly squat). As long as they continue to make special rules allowing ND access to the Playoffs instead of making them like the other 129 members of the DIVISION ONE they will remain Independent. What "special rules"? Look at the current rules and you will see Notre Dame mentioned by name... BYU is independent but they get no special recognition. The proposed 12 team format noted that the TOP FOUR CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS would receive a bye in round one. Not the top four teams, the top four conference champions. That might be enough to get Notre Dame's attention. [Now as a side note, using last year's list, that provides us with the first argument on this rule... Notre Dame at #4 was not a Conference Champ, Texas A&M at #5 was not either so the 4th bye would have gone to #6 Oklahoma! Is that fair?]

So, if Notre Dame joins a conference, would they go ACC where they are already a member-in-law or would they listen to the Big Ten or as most say, Ohio State and the rest of them guys. Personally, I see nothing in the Big Ten (change the name already, you haven't had 10 teams in a LOOOOOOOOONG time) that would cause Notre Dame to join other than travel issues which are important on this board most of the time, but not here. I still see them as full members of the ACC IF they join a conference, which I still think hinges on those special exemptions mentioned above.

As for the rest of the teams, I'm really surprised that we have not seen some action from any of the other 8 leftovers. To me, that signals that they have received no offers/inquiries or that they have been really good at keeping secrets so far. The one team that seems to have the most to offer athletically, at least based on recent history, Oklahoma State; they are the least mentioned team.

--

--

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Kansas Men's Basketball along with both the Men's and Women's Basketball teams at Baylor are huge draws. TCU is the most prominant Football team left from the Big-12. BYU Football is a big draw, and one that I had not considered. It is going tobe interesting to see how things develop, that's for sure.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Penguin wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:58 pm
Kansas Men's Basketball along with both the Men's and Women's Basketball teams at Baylor are huge draws. TCU is the most prominant Football team left from the Big-12. BYU Football is a big draw, and one that I had not considered. It is going tobe interesting to see how things develop, that's for sure.
Kim Mulkey left for LSU in the off season, so we'll see how that goes now.

--

--