Conference Realignments

A forum for Pro Sports, College Sports, Racing, Music, Hobbies, and other Interests.
*No Politics please.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Conference Realignments

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

At the rate we are going, it will not be long before a certain number of teams break and form SUPER CONFERENCES even if it is just for football. What the number will be is the only question. Big Ten and SEC will soon have 16 teams each, so I'm thinking it could be 48 or 64. Using the 64 for an example, this is what the 64 could look like... but if they hang on to the BIG TEN and SEC, it would obviously be different. In my example, I completely did away with the conferences as we know them today, and what they are projecting with Oklahoma and Texas jumping to the SEC and USC and UCLA joining the BIG TEN.

Now if this is ONLY football, I would expect the number to be more like 48 teams in the TOP DIVISION. So what would the other schools do? Would we have a totally revamped Bowl Schedule without the top 48 teams? An 8 team playoff or a 12 team playoff? Maybe they could have another division with the teams who don't make the 48 team Super Conference with their own playoff similar to what they do with the FCS on as we used to call them, Division 1A (Furman, Wofford, North Dakota State, etc). I think it is going to only get worse....

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--