Stall Finalist Announced

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
MillHill88
North Central Knights

Stall Finalist Announced

Post by MillHill88 »

Talking with a school board member earlier today, I was given a few names on the list for the Stall FB job.

Joey Still (current offensive line coach at Goose Creek, state champion football coach).
Bobby Marion (current offensive coordinator at Ashley Ridge, former head football coach at West Ashley)
Jacob Poston (current defensive coordinator at Hanahan)
Russell Zahr (current head football coach at cane bay high)
Jimmy Mitchum (former defensive coordinator, Ashley Ridge High)
Brian Smith (current Barnwall head football coach, has been a head football coach at multiple schools in South Carolina)
Brent Laprad (former defensive coordinator at Fort D, and is a state championship coach)
Phil Smith (current defensive coordinator at Stratford, former Dorman DC and state champion coach)

This is a strong list with some really good men on it, my vote is still Joey Still at GC. He knows his stuff and knows how to win. #StillCityFootball is my pick, but hey I’m just a fan.
Make High School Football Great Again!

RunDaBall
No Team Affiliation

Re: Stall Finalist Announced

Post by RunDaBall »

So quick question, do you just throw darts at the board and hope they stick?

Looking at that list, you got guys that are not a teacher so not sure how they could be the HC, guys that aren’t DCs and are Special Teams coordinator, guys that don’t have a desire to be a head coach anymore, guys who haven’t coached in years and above all else you have the Cane Bay HC on here when there’s not a chance he leaves Cane Bay… for Stall….

This is the second list I’ve seen from you that just didn’t make a lick of sense. What’s the deal?

ShivaBlast
No Team Affiliation

Post by ShivaBlast »

I balked when I saw the Cane Bay coach's name too. No way he'd leave Cane Bay to go there.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

ShivaBlast wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:22 pm
I balked when I saw the Cane Bay coach's name too. No way he'd leave Cane Bay to go there.
Stall is a grenade that no one wants to jump on.
It would take 3 seasons just to get a base where you could be functional to start to be competitive.
There's just no upside to that job unless your a up and coming coach need a start.
Just not a good situation over there.
Support wise.

MillHill88
North Central Knights

Post by MillHill88 »

Well well well…..looks like someone has been watching ole Mill Hill lately. Thanks for your insight and I enjoyed your 1st official post you troll. You sir are clueless!! My information comes straight from the top. Also, I’ve spoken with some of these candidates and they’ve confirmed their interest. First, the CB head coach is on the hot seat and could be looking for a job. That special teams guy you mentioned is a fine young man and will be a HC very soon. Next time you wanna troll my post there hoss, just come down to good ole Ashley phosphate and I’ll straighten you out.
Make High School Football Great Again!

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Personal threats are not allowed on this website.
Take a break.