What in the Heck happened at 10 pm in June????

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: What in the Heck happened at 10 pm in June????

Post by DeCav »

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Yea I am ready to rumble and spar with the rubbles from Dumpcan and the Empireless Valley AKA the Trash Dump AKA The Duck Pond

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I wonder if the Admin or the moderators can go and look and see if there were new members or were they the usual posters plus some that came out of hiding

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I'm not sure but the big guy seems content to let some of this (and other topics maybe) play out as long as it's not in the football section and as long as we kinda keep a lid on things. I'm pretty sure we can strike a balance. If I can be relied on to moderate this section, things should work out. I just hope this board does not oversteer in reaction to some of the zaniness that was always going on on PFT.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Yea I agree and I miss the old PFT days not the ones that ended up getting the board killed but the ones where we had that chat room and all the good posters would be there day in and day out talkin and cutting up

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Yeah, the chat room was awesome. I think they still wanted to keep that but an update made it buggy.

I might bring it back up.

That might be the answer for some of this useless silly crap. The only thing I didn't like about the chat room was the fact that some great comedy might get lost in the ether.

I'm gonna see if I can get Jack to lighten up. NewCat is good friends with him and I'm sure NewCat isn't all that thrilled about getting posts deleted also.

I think we need a bend but don't break policy on moderation.

Personally I liked my approach on PFT, just jump in there and moderate it by entering the discussion.

There were several threads through the years that I killed by getting in there and just talking a little sense. I don't like the deleting and moving of stuff around with no warning.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Yea exactly I think that would go a long way in showing that they care you know instead of deleting or moving a post because they don't want it or don't understand how people feel about a certain situation. The thing that kills me is that I posted on my racing update thread an article and he got all huffy about being sued and moved it and was like when he had time he would fix it and all of this and I was like ok fine but how you goin to do that and when you let this go and it was just a bunch of little stuff that kind of ticked me off and I went off in a pm about things to be honest if things don't kind of loosen up some I may just go ghost for a while

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

We're working on a plan. There's always a way...just gotta want it bad enough.

The rowdy guys also need to know....they chose to stay in the asylum for years while this site slowly grew and developed a reputation for no-nonsense...or at least no harmful nonsense. Everyone knows every post I make is nonsense. Freaking love that SLICK begrudges getting moderated and complains that the demon vamp gets free reign.

Dang it, Jack cut out my Vamp pic! He could have left that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I kid
I kid

Anyway, some attitudes will have to change both ways. I've always kind of had one foot planted on SCPrepTalk and the other on PFT. I've always really enjoyed the more colorful football posts. Serious posts are great but they're rarely the ones I remember fondly. I'm pretty sure we can blend the two factions. Heck they coexisted for years on PFT.

Honestly, crap went stupid when the HJ changed ownership and the new management didn't put a new coat of paint on it or anything and then started making us take surveys and click ads while providing even less moderation than before which was sparse even then. That plus the utter neglect that lead to the board being buggy as Hell.

I think getting away from the Trashing and Bashing was just one other incentive to start a new site.

A long discussion without any fights (*rolls eyes) about this I think will help.

Personally I think it's a glorious resurgence and a golden opportunity for this site to grab the bull by the horns.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I sent newcat and Mikey a PM to get some insight from them we need to get some of the good posters from the old board over here to help spice things up