Post by 96fanatic »

spectator wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:07 am
96fanatic wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:03 am
Onion Rings wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:35 am
alright, so what's the point here?

this thread says Liner did a good job at 96 (I think it says that). On other threads you say he did not, and played what you call "booster club" kids

he's gone, it's over (and has been for many years. Wasn't he at Laurens before Greenwood?). He's at Greenwood doing a great job it looks like. Maybe he learned something along the way that is helping him now. Coaches can improve from experience

96 will be back when they get the right coach. period.
My point Exactly.common sense will tell you that
most all kids that paly football and other sports their
parents are booster club members at least while their
kids are involved in sports.If you think Coach Liner would
let some parent or school official tell him that he had
to play certain kids then you are living in a dream world
or have some personal reason.
me living in a dream world...........let me refresh your memory and ask you a question...............true or false.............the coach before liner was fired AFTER HIS FIRST YEAR at 96 because he did not play a certain booster club kid at qb ????..........true or false, and be honest...............also, the coach that was fired, WAS HIS RECORD WORSE THAN THE CURRENT COACH????.....you know i am telling the 100% truth.............let's be realistic here............let's do what is right for the kids and stop defending this click...........that is the part that makes me sick.............
I agree with you 100% on that.I have never believed otherwise.
what i disagree with you on is taking it out on Coach Liner.you want
people to believe that he was told before he took the job that only
certain kids would get to play and he said sure because i don't have
any goals and i don't care if i win games or not.I know Chris Liner personally.
he would have told them where they could stick the job.Now i don't know
how he will do long term at Greenwood.I am saying he was good
for 96 and parents and kids hated to see him leave.I have no control
over who 96 hires as coach.My personal pick the last time would have
been Kemper Amick out of the final 3.

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: Ninety Six -Chris Liner

Post by spectator »

Onion Rings wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:23 am
spectator wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:02 am
Onion Rings wrote:

this thread says Liner did a good job at 96 (I think it says that). On other threads you say he did not, and played what you call "booster club" kids

he's gone, it's over (and has been for many years. Wasn't he at Laurens before Greenwood?). He's at Greenwood doing a great job it looks like. Maybe he learned something along the way that is helping him now. Coaches can improve from experience

Let me answer your question...........my point is this..........even though Liner did coach at 96 that experience tells us little or nothing about his ability to build a championship program because he was not in a position there to decide who played and who didn't...........Liner got the job in 96 because the coach before him was fired for playing the best QB, not the booster club QB..........LET'S NOT FORGET THAT BOYS............Liner isn't stupid, if they fired the guy before you for bucking the booster club they will fire you too.......It was even in the news that the super called in the previous coach and TOLD HIM who to play.................ALL I AM SAYING is the jury is not out on Liner and i hope he wins it all in greenwood..............i hope he at least has the chance to win or lose by his own decisions...........the current coach at 96 is going nowhere............if he doesn't win a game in the next 5 years he is going nowhere............the booster club will see to that............watch and see..........it is a very sad situation that began a long time ago and has only gotten worse over time............i do agree with you, the right coach can win there but that just ain't happening..........the program is no longer run for the kids.............it is all for the current coach...........it was the plan all along............
hate to hear it's gotten this bad over there, maybe if people in the community would speak up to the members of the school board and the principal, change could happen
You just hit the nail on the head.................the blame lies squarely on the members of the community............they make me sick...........they won't stand up for anything and when i was standing up and raising hell that our kids program was going to be destroyed i got attacked from every side.............not that i cared............but, my voice was the lone voice...............and, they made it out to be me against liner which was never the case at all............but, you are 100% correct.............the blame lies on that sorry community........its why i moved away from there after living there 50 years............best move i ever made...........

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by spectator »

96fanatic wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:38 pm
spectator wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:07 am
96fanatic wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:03 am
Onion Rings wrote:

My point Exactly.common sense will tell you that
most all kids that paly football and other sports their
parents are booster club members at least while their
kids are involved in sports.If you think Coach Liner would
let some parent or school official tell him that he had
to play certain kids then you are living in a dream world
or have some personal reason.
me living in a dream world...........let me refresh your memory and ask you a question...............true or false.............the coach before liner was fired AFTER HIS FIRST YEAR at 96 because he did not play a certain booster club kid at qb ????..........true or false, and be honest...............also, the coach that was fired, WAS HIS RECORD WORSE THAN THE CURRENT COACH????.....you know i am telling the 100% truth.............let's be realistic here............let's do what is right for the kids and stop defending this click...........that is the part that makes me sick.............
I agree with you 100% on that.I have never believed otherwise.
what i disagree with you on is taking it out on Coach Liner.you want
people to believe that he was told before he took the job that only
certain kids would get to play and he said sure because i don't have
any goals and i don't care if i win games or not.I know Chris Liner personally.
he would have told them where they could stick the job.Now i don't know
how he will do long term at Greenwood.I am saying he was good
for 96 and parents and kids hated to see him leave.I have no control
over who 96 hires as coach.My personal pick the last time would have
been Kemper Amick out of the final 3.
This is the BS line that the booster club attacked me with............i was NEVER anti-liner and i never said any of those things............FANATIC, come on man, you just admitted that Neal was fired for not playing the booster club QB.............do you think they had to tell Liner ANYTHING????............Liner didn't fall off of a turnip truck in the parking lot.............he is no complete idiot, in fact, he is a very capable coach......he KNEW he was working for a mob when he took the job.........he KNEW Neal was a great coach and the backbone of the entire program and if the booster club would cut his throat then nobody was safe...............here was Liner's theory when he took the job............he felt he could be successful in spite of the booster club but as time went on and he put up 5 and 6 win seasons one after another he realized that he couldn't and he got the hell out of there..............i have no issues with Liner...........i have nothing but issues with the booster club and those who enabled them to destroy this great program that i had the lead in building.........and anyone else would too.............i wish Liner nothing but the best.............

northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

Post by northside knight »

I don't know what Coach Liner was at 96 but we are thrilled to have him at Greenwood. He recruits the hallways. He can relate to those kids. Our participation is up. We have 3 or 4 senior starters that didn't even play football until Liner got there. And they are good hs players! He's gotten the kids to play harder and with a competitive fire that was lacking. And he's winning. The change was almost immediate. Like some have said on other threads he puts the kids in the best position to be successful on the field. That's all we can ask. Coach Liner is doing well at Greenwood and will continue to do well. I hope he stays at Greenwood for a long time.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

northside knight wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:27 am
I don't know what Coach Liner was at 96 but we are thrilled to have him at Greenwood. He recruits the hallways. He can relate to those kids. Our participation is up. We have 3 or 4 senior starters that didn't even play football until Liner got there. And they are good hs players! He's gotten the kids to play harder and with a competitive fire that was lacking. And he's winning. The change was almost immediate. Like some have said on other threads he puts the kids in the best position to be successful on the field. That's all we can ask. Coach Liner is doing well at Greenwood and will continue to do well. I hope he stays at Greenwood for a long time.
BINGO!

RebelVoice
No Team Affiliation

Post by RebelVoice »

Onion Rings wrote:

Coach Liner did an amazing job at Ninety Six. One of his problems in Ninety Six was that he would not bow down to the booster club demands. He kicked half the starters off the team when he first got there because they wouldn't get with the program. Not sure why Liner and Ninety Six is a topic in 2021, but he is a great coach and better man.

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

Coach tells the booster club what to do, not vice versa. Raise the money and let the coach use it as needed. If you are getting coaching advice from the booster club, you have major problems

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by spectator »

RebelVoice wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:10 pm
Onion Rings wrote:

Coach Liner did an amazing job at Ninety Six. One of his problems in Ninety Six was that he would not bow down to the booster club demands. He kicked half the starters off the team when he first got there because they wouldn't get with the program. Not sure why Liner and Ninety Six is a topic in 2021, but he is a great coach and better man.
ZERO truth to anything you just said...............the reason it is still a topic is 96 is an example of what the booster club politics can do to a championship program and how quick it can happen..............also, how long it takes to build a program back that is destroyed by politics and greed...............96 is a lesson for every football coach and parent............it is so bad at 96 now that there is no park and rec program for any age and only a small number of kids in the whole town playing football at any age.........the black community completely boycotted the entire program from top to bottom..........death certificate............

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by spectator »

Onion Rings wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:26 pm
Coach tells the booster club what to do, not vice versa. Raise the money and let the coach use it as needed. If you are getting coaching advice from the booster club, you have major problems
the booster club made liner start and play, for 4 years (2009 - 2012), the absolute worst high school quarterback i have ever seen.......he was pathetic......horrible........a turnover machine...........the coach before liner was called in the super's office after the 3rd game ( against silver bluff) where 18 booster club parents were waiting............the super and these 18 parents TOLD the coach who he had to start at qb and the qb's daddy told the coach he would be fired at the end of the year.............and he was............it doesn't get any worse than that........as you all know, 96 still hasn't recovered from this.............the 96 situation is a very important lesson for everyone in high school football...............keep politics out..............it can happen to your team too.............

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

Here is the kid that started for 4 years at QB
he started because the kid that was a sr. that
was to be the QB got arrested and was suspended
from the team.this kid was a hard working tough
kid that gave 100% for 4 years.who his parents are
had nothing to do with why Coach Liner started him.
this is all i have to say about this.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQb3E0_l_F8&t=24s