Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: Uvalde Texas

Post by Ddub14 »

Penguin wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 2:29 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 7:36 am
The teenage gunman in the Texas school shooting was bullied, cut his own face and fired a BB gun at people in the years leading up to the deadly attack, friends and family said.

Friends and family say he had a difficult home life, that he was bullied over a childhood speech impediment and that he lashed out violently towards both friends and strangers – recently as well as in the past.

Those who knew the gunman said he was bullied in middle school and junior high. Considering himself Ramos’s best friend in eighth grade, Stephen Garcia said he had a difficult school experience.

“He would get bullied hard, like bullied by a lot of people,” Mr Garcia told The Washington Post. “Over social media, over gaming, over everything.”

Mr Valdez described an encounter when Ramos arrived at a park where they used to play basketball with cuts all over his face, initially saying he had been scratched by a cat.

“Then he told me the truth, that he’d cut up his face with knives over and over and over,” Mr Valdez told the newspaper. “I was like, ‘You’re crazy, bro, why would you do that?’” Ramos said he had done it for fun, Mr Valdez noted.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 87053.html

Those dummies in Washington think the root cause is the gun.
Yeah, he shot all of those people with one of his knives. We at least try to keep drunks from driving and killing people, but in texASS, there is no law to keep ANYONE from owning an ASSualt rifle. Hell, the dipsh*t goverenator there just took over 200 million dollars away from the state mental health department to enable him to send meal team six down to kill brown skinned people who dare to swim the Rio Grande. This all makes about as much sense as 19 fully armored pigs standing in a school hallway while that kid murdered 21 innocent children and teachers because none of them had enough courage to try and stop him. If some extremely high up the chain of command people aren't put on unemployment over this heinous dereliction of duty, then no employer in this country can EVER justify firing anyone, for ANYTHING, ever again.

I know that banning guns isn't the answer, but banning ASSault rifles would be a great step in the right direction. Making gun owners have insurance on their firearms is another possible aid to try and stem some of this needless violence. And before anyone even says it, remember that if any mass shootings are deterred, it would be more than worth the sacrifices necessary. There is no way to prevent all deaths by guns, but anything is better than nothing at this point. Imagine if your child were one of the victims. More guns will not stop gun crimes, only increase them. We have to do something to keep guns out of the hands of those who cannot display the proper disposition to have one. I don't want your guns, I want to stop this endless stream of senseless gun violence that seems to be so prevelant in today's society.

I saw that we have now had more mass shootings in 2022 than we have had days. This has to stop. Reasonable minds are going to have to find some sort of first step. It probably won't be anything that I suggested, but something is going to have to change. And pigs are going to have to start doing their job to protect people and stop trying to figure out ways of killing those whom they do not like. Our country is becoming almost as bad as East Germany was in the time period after WWII. And 99% of you wish that it was more like that. You don't want to hear things that are inconvenient, you just want to silence or eliminate, things and people who dare to differ on economics, politics, and worst of all, religion. Step back and consider that what you are wanting is more like East Germany, Iran, Russia, or North Korea. We need for all voices to be heard, not just the ones that you THINK that you want to hear. Enough of this, I have shed many tears over this mess, now I am just angry about the attempt to CYA by the sorry pigs and their bosses.

One of our political parties is banning books, arresting journalists, restricting voting, threatening teachers, promising to shut down corporations with whom they disagree, and putting bounties on women. How long before that dragnet ensnares you? Anyone here knowledgeable enough to remember the last time that things like this happened in the world? Don't say that it can never happen here. It already is happening.
I was trying real hard to stay off this one. But some people love to talk out both ends. A real keyboard hero. You have zero clue about the 2nd amendment. If you did you would realize that those Palestinians and Russians and n Koreans your so found of would take every piece of your ilk they wanted in a heartbeat. You are such a liberal hack you make Chuck shumer look like Ronald Reagan. You are a hater of the greatest country in the world . You couldn’t even spill your lies on a forum like this in those countries.
Btw you also sound Anti Semitic using terms like zionists.
No clue . Hey genius your willing to give this country over to illegals that traffic in children and drugs but if a people are truly trying to regroup from genocide well then they are Zionists.
I’ll give up my weapons when the cartels , our government, and every other rogue nation give gives up theirs.
I really don’t know why your even on this forum .
It’s about football or at least it’s supposed to be. You know an aggressive alpha male sport . Opposite of you.
Your last paragraph takes the cake.
You think one political party is acting like nazis well you couldn’t be more right on that subject .it’s called liberal Democrats.

To all the veterans reading this on Memorial Day weekend
Thank you for your service
May your life be filled with health happiness and peace.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Zionism; definition: Jewish nationalist movement that has had as its goal the creation and support of a Jewish national state in Palestine.

Please show me where I said that I hate America. Please show me where I said that I support Russia, North Korea, or Iran? No, that is the position of the reich wing.

Why can't you have an honest debate on the merits of an argument without resorting to ad-himinem attacks? Just because I may differ in my opinions with you, does not mean that my voice is any less important to this topic than yours is.

I am in search of any reasonable way to stop the senseless murder of innocent children in our schools. Can you at least agree that we both share that sentiment? We surely may not agree on how to acheive that, as is the situation in Congress, but any real solutions will require listening to all ideas, not just blindly moving forward with a plan proven to fail, time and time again.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Man
No crazy person or criminal gives 2 craps what law you think is a good law. When you take Palestinian talking points as your own then you’ve gone over to the other side.
They hate you and would gladly kill you if they had the opportunity. They chant death to America and you defend them. In my eyes that makes you anti American. And I am having an honest dialogue just because you can handle the truth and can’t back it up you go to the poor me card. If you can’t handle it Francis step out of the ring. Otherwise cowboy ,who wants to call people in law enforcement cowards, why don’t you sign up for some service and see how you do. A couple months back there was a poll conducted in which they asked along party lines if you would defend this country if it was under attack. 67% of Dems said they would run . I bet your part of that group.
Funny thing is they never knew where they would run to.
If it’s so bad here why is so many trying to come here. You have some twisted thought process. Your tag line at the bottom says it all. Your into control. I’m into being free .

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Banning the Armalite platform is not the solution. You are talking about how something looks, not how it functions. Ruger Ranch 14 and a Glock function the same...one squeeze, one round. You ban the Armalite platform, the Ruger is still there because of how it looks- functions exactly the same, but it is not "scary"- it looks like a hunting rifle. Banning 30 round magazine...ok, fine...a 20 magazine then. A magazine change takes a blink of an eye.

I taught ROTC at Va Tech back in the '90's ...the young man there killed almost 40 people with two handguns. Not to mention the number of people shot and killed with handguns over the course of the year. No one is talking about a handgun ban. A pump action or auto shotgun in a class room is like a claymore mine. Those aren't going anywhere. You have to ban everything then...not the answer. Founding Fathers are much brighter and articulate than the politicians we have today- I think Jefferson said, those who turn their weapons in to plowshares will be ruled by those who chose not to....key word there..."ruled", not governed.

If something happens up at Caesars Head, the sheriff might be 30 minutes away- I'm not waiting. Been in life threatening situations too many times and having access to rounds...lots of rounds, comes in handy. Politicians talk about weapons "designed for war"...newsflash moron....every weapon development we have had has been tied to war initially.

But people, a background check...it doesn't take that long and is not an inconvenience. It's common sense. Easy and affordable access to mental health resources....again, common sense. But the most horrific thing is how as a society have we come to the point where life is devalued so...how? Republics pride themselves on taking care of the vulnerable...we must do better.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 3:26 pm
Banning the Armalite platform is not the solution. You are talking about how something looks, not how it functions. Ruger Ranch 14 and a Glock function the same...one squeeze, one round. You ban the Armalite platform, the Ruger is still there because of how it looks- functions exactly the same, but it is not "scary"- it looks like a hunting rifle. Banning 30 round magazine...ok, fine...a 20 magazine then. A magazine change takes a blink of an eye.

I taught ROTC at Va Tech back in the '90's ...the young man there killed almost 40 people with two handguns. Not to mention the number of people shot and killed with handguns over the course of the year. No one is talking about a handgun ban. A pump action or auto shotgun in a class room is like a claymore mine. Those aren't going anywhere. You have to ban everything then...not the answer. Founding Fathers are much brighter and articulate than the politicians we have today- I think Jefferson said, those who turn their weapons in to plowshares will be ruled by those who chose not to....key word there..."ruled", not governed.

If something happens up at Caesars Head, the sheriff might be 30 minutes away- I'm not waiting. Been in life threatening situations too many times and having access to rounds...lots of rounds, comes in handy. Politicians talk about weapons "designed for war"...newsflash moron....every weapon development we have had has been tied to war initially.

But people, a background check...it doesn't take that long and is not an inconvenience. It's common sense. Easy and affordable access to mental health resources....again, common sense. But the most horrific thing is how as a society have we come to the point where life is devalued so...how? Republics pride themselves on taking care of the vulnerable...we must do better.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

We already have background check measures in place in most states.
If someone wants to commit a crime regardless of what it is , then they will do it .
No ones going to the rule book and saying oh man there’s a law there I better not run over a crowd of people in Wisconsin with my car.
If there’s a will there’s a way.
Here’s an idea . How about we give our kids more instruction in school on what’s important and real not what pronouns they choose to call themselves today. How about we give dads jobs that can provide for their families instead of well fare checks that make them property of the state.
The problem is at the root . The gun thing is the effort of the weak minded.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

The law enforcement issue is another thing entirely. Comes down to training. I spent years running toward the sound of gunfire. Completely counter-intuitive and non-sensical. But it came down to training and experience. There is a saying you fight as you train and therefore you train as you fight. Those guys with all that kit on, need to know how it works and understand its capabilities. Training....realistic training with live rounds...done repeatedly...and often. It should be muscle memory. More time on the range and in tactical scenarios and less time writing traffic tickets and chasing some kid with a dime bag. That's the only way you guarantee that. Can't put it off all on the tactical teams. Each officer needs to know how to form a fire team and clear a building...."stack on me".

Also, more resource officers at our schools...have to. One is not enough...arming the teachers is not the answer. Goes back to training and they don't have it and don't have time to do the amount and frequency needed. They need to teach. We have to fix this...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

I agree with all of this. My best friend is retired marine.
We’ve talked about it all week.
There’s a huge difference in LE training and military.
Now there are a lot of ex military In LE it shows.
Sometimes the police especially in small towns are local guys that honestly needed the job. The training isn’t always up to snuff and with people underpaid and undervalued well your going to get what you pay for.
But when the group yelling the loudest is complaining about police and how they are trained and at the same time yelling defund defund , well it’s hypocritical.

But just like the recent wars
Certain groups want to handicap the good guys and let the bad guys slide

It can’t be the crazy guy that shot his grandma in the face
Or the Resource officer on the break
Or the teacher running out to get her cellphone leaving a door ajar
Or even the cop who is just obeying orders when there is madness all around him.

Nope it’s those evil rebels from 1776 that gave us the right to gripe and complain and all the guns that followed

It would be funny if it wasnt so ridiculous

I’m done on this
Wore out my soapbox

DFOLDMAN thank you for whatever covert actions you did in all those dangerous places that most wouldn’t go!

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Penguin wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 2:29 am
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 7:36 am
The teenage gunman in the Texas school shooting was bullied, cut his own face and fired a BB gun at people in the years leading up to the deadly attack, friends and family said.

Friends and family say he had a difficult home life, that he was bullied over a childhood speech impediment and that he lashed out violently towards both friends and strangers – recently as well as in the past.

Those who knew the gunman said he was bullied in middle school and junior high. Considering himself Ramos’s best friend in eighth grade, Stephen Garcia said he had a difficult school experience.

“He would get bullied hard, like bullied by a lot of people,” Mr Garcia told The Washington Post. “Over social media, over gaming, over everything.”

Mr Valdez described an encounter when Ramos arrived at a park where they used to play basketball with cuts all over his face, initially saying he had been scratched by a cat.

“Then he told me the truth, that he’d cut up his face with knives over and over and over,” Mr Valdez told the newspaper. “I was like, ‘You’re crazy, bro, why would you do that?’” Ramos said he had done it for fun, Mr Valdez noted.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 87053.html

Those dummies in Washington think the root cause is the gun.
Yeah, he shot all of those people with one of his knives. We at least try to keep drunks from driving and killing people, but in texASS, there is no law to keep ANYONE from owning an ASSualt rifle. Hell, the dipsh*t goverenator there just took over 200 million dollars away from the state mental health department to enable him to send meal team six down to kill brown skinned people who dare to swim the Rio Grande. This all makes about as much sense as 19 fully armored pigs standing in a school hallway while that kid murdered 21 innocent children and teachers because none of them had enough courage to try and stop him. If some extremely high up the chain of command people aren't put on unemployment over this heinous dereliction of duty, then no employer in this country can EVER justify firing anyone, for ANYTHING, ever again.

I know that banning guns isn't the answer, but banning ASSault rifles would be a great step in the right direction. Making gun owners have insurance on their firearms is another possible aid to try and stem some of this needless violence. And before anyone even says it, remember that if any mass shootings are deterred, it would be more than worth the sacrifices necessary. There is no way to prevent all deaths by guns, but anything is better than nothing at this point. Imagine if your child were one of the victims. More guns will not stop gun crimes, only increase them. We have to do something to keep guns out of the hands of those who cannot display the proper disposition to have one. I don't want your guns, I want to stop this endless stream of senseless gun violence that seems to be so prevelant in today's society.

I saw that we have now had more mass shootings in 2022 than we have had days. This has to stop. Reasonable minds are going to have to find some sort of first step. It probably won't be anything that I suggested, but something is going to have to change. And pigs are going to have to start doing their job to protect people and stop trying to figure out ways of killing those whom they do not like. Our country is becoming almost as bad as East Germany was in the time period after WWII. And 99% of you wish that it was more like that. You don't want to hear things that are inconvenient, you just want to silence or eliminate, things and people who dare to differ on economics, politics, and worst of all, religion. Step back and consider that what you are wanting is more like East Germany, Iran, Russia, or North Korea. We need for all voices to be heard, not just the ones that you THINK that you want to hear. Enough of this, I have shed many tears over this mess, now I am just angry about the attempt to CYA by the sorry pigs and their bosses.

One of our political parties is banning books, arresting journalists, restricting voting, threatening teachers, promising to shut down corporations with whom they disagree, and putting bounties on women. How long before that dragnet ensnares you? Anyone here knowledgeable enough to remember the last time that things like this happened in the world? Don't say that it can never happen here. It already is happening.
A college professor told a student, guns kill people. The student replied, my pencil failed your exam.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

AOC: "Let's dispense with this myth of mental illness."
https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/sta ... wsrc%5Etfw

Sounds like something she would say.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions