O.T.: Decav’s Been Saved By Christ!

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Re: O.T.: Decav’s Been Saved By Christ!

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

The boy hasn’t been a good witness for God. Several witnesses went forward from that day.
The boy didn't ask God to save him until he had a family of his own.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:18 pm
The boy hasn’t been a good witness for God. Several witnesses went forward from that day.
The boy didn't ask God to save him until he had a family of his own.
Hmmm.

Just curious.

What do you think of the following?
"LONG AGO I READ A STORY FROM ANOTHER TIMELINE about a character named Candide. He also survived a harrowing series of misadventures and tragedies, then settled on a farm near Constantinople. Listening to a philosophical rant, Candide replied, "That is all very well, but now we must tend our garden."

I have now arrived at that point in my own story. There is a metaphorical garden in the acts and attitudes of a person's life, and the treasures of that garden are love and respect. I have come to realize that the gathering of love and respect - from others and for myself - has been the real quest of my life."

"Now we must tend our garden."
Are you saying you haven't been a good witness for God?
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

@dFOldman.

The Garden
Music: Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson / Lyrics: Neil Peart

LONG AGO I READ A STORY FROM ANOTHER TIMELINE about a character named Candide. He also survived a harrowing series of misadventures and tragedies, then settled on a farm near Constantinople. Listening to a philosophical rant, Candide replied, "That is all very well, but now we must tend our garden."

I have now arrived at that point in my own story. There is a metaphorical garden in the acts and attitudes of a person's life, and the treasures of that garden are love and respect. I have come to realize that the gathering of love and respect - from others and for myself - has been the real quest of my life.

Thouhhts?
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

DeCav wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:53 am
They say Christians should be a reflection of Jesus's teachings, my mirror has been a little blurry. My example is not as good as others, but I have witnessed to you. I am grateful for what Jesus has done in my life and have faith in his promise. It's good to know He forgives us of our shortcomings.
DeCav wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:27 am
Our garden as we know it is engulfed in chaos right now. Man betraying man at every turn. Ole Satan, the father of lies, is using that "Free Will" to his advantage.

Saw this on Jason Bateman's Ozark series: "It's the first law of power. Those who can, s*** on others. Those who can't, clean it up."

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:05 pm
DeCav wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:53 am
They say Christians should be a reflection of Jesus's teachings, my mirror has been a little blurry. My example is not as good as others, but I have witnessed to you. I am grateful for what Jesus has done in my life and have faith in his promise. It's good to know He forgives us of our shortcomings.
DeCav wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:27 am
Our garden as we know it is engulfed in chaos right now. Man betraying man at every turn. Ole Satan, the father of lies, is using that "Free Will" to his advantage.

Saw this on Jason Bateman's Ozark series: "It's the first law of power. Those who can, s*** on others. Those who can't, clean it up."
Good stuff. I like this 1 Cat Fan better than the one who drops links and verses.

What is your current attitude about your faith? Business as usual?

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I'm looking to have a dialogue with you but I know I can be a bit much if I don't edit myself.

How do you feel most spiritually?

What moves you truly?

A beautiful muscle car? A great comeback in the 4th quarter?

The KISS reunion?

A nice sermon or veiw of nature?

Where do you feel your spirituality?

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Even Darkness can't resist the Light.

When Lucifer came to Jesus on the mountain, did he know he was talking to his creator.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I mean yeah if this is a multiple choice answer.

By all accounts lucifer is pretty clever. I doubt that he’s unaware of his own origin story.

Ever heard this one?

“Irish writer Oscar Wilde once told a fictional tale about how the devil was crossing the Libyan desert. He came upon a spot where a small number of demons were tormenting a holy hermit. The sainted man easily shook off their evil suggestions. The devil watched as his lieutenants failed to sway the hermit, then he stepped forward to give them a lesson.

“What you do is too crude,” he said. “Permit me for one moment.”

He then whispered something to the holy man. Suddenly, a look of malignant envy clouded the once-serene face of the hermit. Then the devil turned to the imps and said, “I told him, ‘Your brother has just been made Bishop of Alexandria.’

And the Satan told the imps, “That is the sort of thing which I should recommend.”

When you give in to envy, you not only desire what another person has and resent him for having it; you also want to destroy its presence in the other person’s life. What an envier ultimately wants is not simply what another has; what an envier wants is for another not to have it.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:28 pm
Even Darkness can't resist the Light.

When Lucifer came to Jesus on the mountain, did he know he was talking to his creator.
What makes the strings of your soul vibrate? What do you consider proof of God? Surely you look at a beautifully restored muscle car and have to believe that it is just as much a miracle as a baby? They're definitely a lot more rare!!

Thoughts on the above video Cat Fan?

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Chickens have wings but can not fly, they make for good eating though. What if the eagle could not fly, would it be on the menu? Food for thought.

They couldn't kill John, so they exiled him. John contributed to the greatest book ever written.