Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: O.T.: Decav’s Been Saved By Christ!

Post by DeCav »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:16 pm
Chickens have wings but can not fly, they make for good eating though. What if the eagle could not fly, would it be on the menu? Food for thought.

They couldn't kill John, so they exiled him. John contributed to the greatest book ever written.
Dude. What are you talking about?

And they say I’m the one with no attention span. Come on dude!

I’m assuming the last conversation you had at church wasn't about eating Eagles?

But sure, if you can’t engage in truth let’s talk about evolution and the domestication of chickens!
Last edited by DeCav on Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

Penguin wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:02 pm
This! Pay close attention to this!
Very true!
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

DeCav wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:51 pm
Penguin wrote:

I feel ya.

No fanaticism here. Let me know if I step out of the baseline.

Hopefully, I don't come off as trying to get anyone to believe something they don't want to believe.

I'm mostly here as a logical exercise.

Again, if I'm leaning on anyone to change their beliefs, then quote the offensive passage and I'll answer for it.

The purpose of this thread has everything to do with a search for truth.

Also very true.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

cavaliereagle wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:05 pm
DeCav wrote:
Penguin wrote:

I feel ya.

Hopefully, I don't come off as trying to get anyone to believe something they don't want to believe.

Again, if I'm leaning on anyone to change their beliefs, then quote the offensive passage and I'll answer for it.

Also very true.
Great to have you back good sir!
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

DeCav wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:23 am
I got your PM brother. It is well received.

So you know Randy? When’s the last time you’ve heard from him?

So yeah there was no one thing with me. It was kind of the opposite actually. Like the exploded engine that comes back together.

I struggled with this for years and still do.

One other clue for me. When I learned that Jacob fought with the angel and woke the next day renamed as Israel and that Israel means “contends ow wrestles with God, my logical mind saw the opportunity to identify myself as one who wrestles with God.

And it does not escape my attention that they who struggle with God are his chosen people.is that narcissistic or self-serving? I suppose so but we are all that way to one degree at least.

I’ll tend to lock horns though when it comes to certain views.

I’m curious 🤨, Do you believe your story about walking again constitutes a miracle?
DeCav, you and I had a conversation about Godly things a couple of years back. I thought then that you were on your way to accepting him. I liked that you were respectful of believers, yet honest about not feeling it. Most folks want to lie about it.

cavaliereagle

Post by cavaliereagle »

DeCav wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:18 pm
cavaliereagle wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:05 pm
DeCav wrote:
Penguin wrote:

I feel ya.

Also very true.
Great to have you back good sir!
I very much appreciated you reaching out.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

DeCav wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:13 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Chickens have wings but can not fly, they make for good eating though. What if the eagle could not fly, would it be on the menu? Food for thought.

They couldn't kill John, so they exiled him. John contributed to the greatest book ever written.

I’m assuming the last conversation you had at church wasn't about eating Eagles?

But sure, if you can’t engage in truth let’s talk about evolution and the domestication of chickens!
The video Illusion of truth, the guy starts out talking about the body temperature of a chicken. Didn't grab my attention, went back and watched it through. Guess it had to do with that cognitive ease he was talking about. Toward the end he said it takes him half an hour to select a toothbrush.

Cognitive ease to me relates to today's society pushing an easy button in everything that's processed information. We're all guilty of it to a degree.

Everyone has a easy button these days, it's an addiction called the cell phone.

Now, back to the title of the thread, Decav’s Been Saved By Christ.
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wasn't this board index page tucked away at the bottom of the site created primarily for you?

John was exiled to an island where he wrote the book of Revelations of the Bible.

May not be much, but there's an opportunity here for you as a witness for Jesus.
Something that I always hang on to - "To make a difference no matter how small."
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:30 am
DeCav wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:13 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:

The video Illusion of truth, the guy starts out talking about the body temperature of a chicken. Didn't grab my attention, went back and watched it through. Guess it had to do with that cognitive ease he was talking about. Toward the end he said it takes him half an hour to select a toothbrush.

Cognitive ease to me relates to today's society pushing an easy button in everything that's processed information. We're all guilty of it to a degree.

Everyone has a easy button these days, it's an addiction called the cell phone.

Now, back to the title of the thread, Decav’s Been Saved By Christ.
1 CAT FAN wrote:
Wasn't this board index page tucked away at the bottom of the site created primarily for you?

John was exiled to an island where he wrote the book of Revelations of the Bible.

May not be much, but there's an opportunity here for you as a witness for Jesus.
Something that I always hang on to - "To make a difference no matter how small."
Ah! My bad. I totally missed all your clues and references. Dang, that’s some deep stuff. Talk about cognitive ease! 🤣🤣. I had to have you babysit my brain there and walk me through the meaning of your rather cryptic words.

Again, good stuff! Thanks for the explanation. I’ll try harder next time not to be so lazy with my thinking.

Yes, intellectually I’m very guilty of taking the easy way too often and not putting in the work to get at the truth. I can always do a better job of thinking. For all the 100’s of thousands of words I’ve poured into this board, there’s probably more and better posts that didn’t ever get written.

Ideas for good content that were born in my head and aborted before they could be birthed on the page because I was too lazy to sit down and write.

I think it’s a little of both. Physical laziness and mental laziness. In my head the ideas run like a rive untamed. Organizing them and putting them on a page always intimidates me. It has been said that writing is the best way to organize your mind and order your thinking.

I look around my bedroom and think, “Geez! This room reminds me of the inside of my head!”

I wish I had more discipline both inside and out.

EGodz, when you asked if we’d eat Eagles if they couldn’t fly, my brain did summersaults going down that rabbit hole! I may post about it yet!

But yeah, I remember the chicken/temp story that opened the video now that you mention it.

In the subject of cognitive ease, they say it’s the reason people are susceptible to ideological thinking because it’s easier to base your ideas on a handful of ossified axioms handed down by some other entity than forge a new path.

I suppose you could make an analogy using paved roads that might prevent you from ever exploring the parts of the world that are unpaved.

I’m a bit gobsmacked over your John the Baptist reference. I don’t think in 1,000 lifetimes I’d have connected the dots that you did there.

Yeah, this place was not only created for me, it was created BY me when I was an admin. Used to be called DeCav’s Corner.

I’ll think more on your words. I’ve a few words to say about it and a few more dots to connect.

And yes l, your gentle encouragement is motivating me to get this story down in some coherent way. What frustrates me is that there really wasn’t an one moment.

The birth was a very difficult one and I’ll have to learn to cra before I can walk. But I do feel a calling to get the story down.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

DeCav wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:41 am
I will be surprised if the admins move this topic to the corner.

And…..Go!
Ok, I'm OFFICIALLY surprised. (Not really....as evidenced by my very first post, I expected this hypocrisy.)

Apparently, you can't post a thread about God or Christ in the football section.

No worries! I can only interpret the relocation of this thread as an extension of the concept of separation of church and state except this is a matter of the separation of church and football.

I sure hope no one who supports the relocation of this thread gets caught by me demanding that God's name be emblazoned on a plaque in a courtroom or classroom or that there should be prayer in schools because they will have some 'splaining to do!

Am I wrong for this stance? How is it OK to demand prayer in schools or be OK with prayers to God before football games and still stand steadfastly against the notion that Christ doesn't belong on a football forum???

Come on folks. I'm just looking for some consistency here.

What say you?

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Times have changed, God hasn't. God is the same as He has been in the past, now, and will be in the future. God's commandments haven't changed.

Man conveniently changes his rules all the time.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions