Hey Jerome!

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Hey Jerome!

Post by DeCav »

Maybe the winner of each division has to schedule some other division winners on non-region games the following season?

I'm not suggesting red tape.

Maybe a gentleman's agreement. How would Dorman Varsity fair against the best 2A varsity? Yes, I know we have more depth.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Hey Jerome!

Post by DeCav »

Ok, let's Stephen Kind/Tom Clancy this....

Ruben, how does Jerome get replaced? What are the protocols? Let's establish the prize first. Tell me what things have to happen first. Then let's write a colorful Money Heist/Ocean's Eleven screenplay and then ask ourselves why it isn't possible to pull off?

Are we not smarter than to just complain?
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

DeCav wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:06 pm
Ok, let's Stephen Kind/Tom Clancy this....

Ruben, how does Jerome get replaced? What are the protocols? Let's establish the prize first. Tell me what things have to happen first. Then let's write a colorful Money Heist/Ocean's Eleven screenplay and then ask ourselves why it isn't possible to pull off?

Are we not smarter than to just complain?

Jerome would only do it if it directly helps Jerome.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Well, that's a start!

The plan will involve bait...Jerome needs to think that he's making a decision that benefits him.

Are you talking about his administrative powers?

I'm suggesting a coup.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Here's a crazy idea.

DeCav as the new commissioner. I would keep Jack, Ken, and Ruben as my coven of bean counters and advisors and we'd decide the fate of football by committee.

Hell, it's not like I'm not VISUAL at games. I'm already state-trotting every season just to connect with football fans and get pics.

How would it happen?

Anyone?

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

You'd have a commissioner who was blessed by Christ AND Satan (if you believe SLICK's protest that I'm a vampire)

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

DeCav wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:14 pm
Here's a crazy idea.

DeCav as the new commissioner. I would keep Jack, Ken, and Ruben as my coven of bean counters and advisors and we'd decide the fate of football by committee.

Hell, it's not like I'm not VISUAL at games. I'm already state-trotting every season just to connect with football fans and get pics.

How would it happen?

Anyone?
Let me see.... you do all limelight stuff; the DOG AND PONY SHOWS, the shaking hands and kissing ass (I mean kissing babies) and I will be the one actually doing all the work, right?

Sounds like a plan to me!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:15 pm
DeCav wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:14 pm
Here's a crazy idea.

How would it happen?

Anyone?
Let me see.... you do all limelight stuff; the DOG AND PONY SHOWS, the shaking hands and kissing ass (I mean kissing babies) and I will be the one actually doing all the work, right?

Sounds like a plan to me!
I'm serious. This group has done some amazing things when we're not trying to herd deaf cats!

Remember the Bobby Thompson plaque?

Anyone remember the post by T. Priddy about that event?

We start a "Yes, and?" thread. Seriously, let's Ocean's Eleven this. The Italian Job. We have the minds.

The only reason this hasn't happened is that we haven't decided to make it happen.

It's the same reason America hasn't won the World Cup in Soccer. We don't want one.

If America ever decides that we want a World Cup, we'll get it. My friend from Colombia, Juan thinks I'm crazy. He just does NOT understand how resourceful Americans can be when we're on the same page. WW2. We need that kind of cohesion again in this country.

Anyway....

Guys, we could run high school football in this state.

I'm just saying. We could.

You've built a website that is a thousand times more functional than the ex president's Truth Social mess.

Literally, when Trump got kicked off of Facebook and Twitter, he could have just signed up on SCPreptalk and announced that's where his base could find him. Boom. Done. Doesn't cost him a nickle.

Anyway, one Friday afternoon someone suggests a hostile takeover of the SCHSL.

5 years later, it's done. SCPreptalk now runs football in South Carolina.

How does this happen?

What is step 1?

Join a school board? Get connected?

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

We'll have over 100 people reading this tonight at about 11 pm.

What if these 100 people wrote 100 awesome letters or joined 100 school boards.

The plan is there. We can do anything we want to do. Life is a sandbox. Be the professor. How do we make this work?

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

What’s silly is the mundane things that could literally be settled easily but they have to have a committee meeting in October to discuss the alignment of the 5A playoffs. Then another meeting the next day for 4A . And on and on and on. A 3 person group from this board could put it together before the bbq they just ordered before the game came out.