Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Re: MR DEVIL. HOW DO YOU CELEBRATE EASTER

Post by Penguin »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:26 pm
Penguin wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:52 pm
Satan is your alter-ego. I don't do children's fairy tales. A truckload of "faith" and "belief" will feed exactly NOBODY. Funny how nobody goes to church when they are sick, they go to the doctor. Hmmmmmm. Wonder why that is? Sky spooks aren't real. Science is real.
No one said science wasn't real....pengy...secret squirrel...what do you prefer to be called? Isn't a basic principle of science is all things have a cause...including the big bang? With that in mind, a belief in a higher power...a trigger, is extremely rational, wouldn't you think? The level of human self-worth and pomposity staggers me a times- all this, "just happened" 14 billon years ago. There is a cause.

Neil deGrasse Tyson is an agnostic, not the atheist poster child some think. He just needs a little more proof. My burden of proof as a layperson is not quite as high. Like me, he also agrees we haven't had alien visitors...though you and Slick make me question that at times. Life is about balance---light-dark, hot-cold, fast-slow, moving-resting, good-bad...belittling a person's faith is a bit self serving and mean spirited, don't you think, be it Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Atheism, Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, etc.
As far as my alter-ego, its the same as my regular everyday ego...an extremely confident world traveler, warrior, protector of the down-trodden, living legend...lol.
I'll pray for you, Penguin...can I get an A-MEN, Colby!!

Fear The Fox...
Just because you aren't "man" enough to make your own decisions, form your own opinions, and especially, take resposibility for your actions, does not mean that there aren't those of us out here, who do, and will. A "real man" doesn't need sky daddy to guide them by the hand so that they can get through this minefield called life. Some of us are capable of critical thought and have no problem with dealing with things as they arise. But I will take a question that cannot be answered, anyday, over an answer that cannot be questioned. There are over 4 thousand organized religions in the world, and not a single one of them aknowledges the possibility of another one being right. So for your arrogant self to actually think that you are a cult member of the only correct one, is totally absurd, and statistically improbable. I have zero problems with you thinking whatever you choose to think (So your argument there goes right out the window), what I have a problem with is strictly directed to the FACT that you somehow feel the need to judge others by the cult rules and regulations that you are SUPPOSED to live by, but largely ignore. HYPOCRISY is what I am speaking of. The "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. As an Atheist, I have no such problems. I answer only to myself. I don't worry about what my family thinks, my neighbors think, or what outfit to wear to weekkly cult gatherings. I am free to have my own thoughts and opinions. But, hey, I am happy that you have a mechanism to cope with life. Just don't expect me to think that it is anything but silly.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Colbyc36
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Colbyc36 »

If you truly do not care what others think, why is it that you are so quick to constantly make your stance known? I smell the HYPOCRISY you like to speak of...

A REAL rebel, as you claim to be, wouldn't bother replying.
"We opened the door to everyone. Its over."
-Tom Knotts

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Penguin- I apologize if I offended you. The picture I posted was done as a joke, a counter-balance to the other posted pics. Obviously, you didn't find it funny. Also, I apologize for not being a "real man" as you state. The world needs real men, like you. I may not be a real man, but by all metrics that measure my former career field, I am, or at least was, from my years of training and experience, a dangerous man, albeit not a real man. That is nothing to be proud of, but just the reality of the career path I chose and the places I lived and worked such as Baquba Iraq, Erbil Kurdistan or Kandahar Afghanistan. I did some horrible things in service of my country and I had some horrible things done to me in service of my country, with this is mind, I could have chosen to be a horrible, horrible man. My Judeo-Christian belief system guides me differently, I chose to be a good man, or try my best....not a horrible man. I believe along with real men like you, regardless of how far we have evolved as a species, we still need dangerous men from time to time, unfortunately. As I stated before, I find it short-sighted and mean-spirited to belittle anyone's belief system...Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Atheism...a person has free-will to believe as they see fit. I'm not a big fan of organized religion, I choose to reflect on my beliefs introspectively...personally... but that doesn't change what I believe and the guidance and reflection I seek. I don't think you like me very much from the tone of these exchanges or appreciate my point of view... all good. Lifting you up in prayer, brother.

Fear The Fox...

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

CAMEL KILLER, U TOUCHED ME BRO
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Let's paint slick purple and hide him and see who can find him.