Memorial Day

Things that get off topic.
*No Politics please.
Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Memorial Day

Post by Penguin »

Most folks down here at the Buckle of the Buy-Bull Belt celebrate this as Emancipation Day. The end of the Civil War and the freeing of the enslaved human beings who were subjected to decades of inhumane treatment. I myself, find this a far more Patriotic cause. My father and my brother were both military veterans, and they both felt the same way. Taking nothing away from those who have served, fought, and especially those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, I just choose to look at the much bigger picture and not try to sweep it under the rug. My appreciation to all.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Colbyc36
Byrnes Rebels

Re: Memorial Day

Post by Colbyc36 »

And how does Memorial Day have anything to do with enslavement?????????????
You seem versed at times...more often than not, stupidly versed. Have you studied history?
You are garbage you lamp oil ridden, mouth breathing balloon knot.
"We opened the door to everyone. Its over."
-Tom Knotts

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Colbyc36 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 5:56 pm
And how does Memorial Day have anything to do with enslavement?????????????
You seem versed at times...more often than not, stupidly versed. Have you studied history?
You are garbage you lamp oil ridden, mouth breathing balloon knot.
OK Lord Know-It-All, once more, slowly so that EVEN YOU can understand. President Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation from Washington, DC. There were no phones. No Internet. No automobiles. No airplanes. All such correspondence had to be delivered by curriers on horseback. Here, where I live, at the Buckle of the Buy-Bull Belt, that correspondence was received at the end of May. All locals here celebrate the end of May as Emancipation Day. In other parts of the Country, (Midwest) that was received on June 19th or there about, depending upon the actual location. "Juneteenth" is celebrated as the freeing of the slaves in those parts of the country. So, to answer your question, YES, I was wide awake during History Class. This lesson in US History has been free. You can learn more with your ears open and your mouth closed. Yet.......
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Colbyc36
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Colbyc36 »

"We opened the door to everyone. Its over."
-Tom Knotts