Coaching changes in the NCAA

A forum for Pro Sports, College Sports, Racing, Music, Hobbies, and other Interests.
*No Politics please.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Coaching changes in the NCAA

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

OK, we know Florida will have a new coach, smart money is saying that Michigan will also be in the coaching search mode if they are not already....

Who goes where, and those who "resign" or "step down" have to end up some where as well. What are your thoughts?

I'm already reading the Muschamp to South Carolina talk, why he will and why he won't be the next Defensive Coordinator at Carolina. I'm thinking he will take his time, see what develops before jumping in to a job. I'm not saying he will not be the DC in Columbia, but I don't think it will happen too quickly. The time line for these changes is the key. You know they want it wrapped up well before signing day so kids know who their coaching staff will be, so when I say "too quickly" I mean I don't think it will happen the week after Conference Championships for Muschamp.

Florida will make the first call to Dan Mullen. Does he leave Miss State?

Michigan's first call? I really don't see an obvious first call... They went outside the family for Rich Rod and inside the family for Brady Hoake. So no help there...

Other schools that might be looking to change things up in the coaching staff might be:

Georgia - Why? I don't know. I personally am not a Bulldog fan, but I do like Coach Richt. I'm hearing rumblings that unless they make it to the SEC Championship Game, he may be on the way out.

Virginia

Virginia Tech - Is it finally time for Bud Foster to take over? Retirement may be closer than we think...

Clemson - don't pass out, but the Tigers could be looking for a new Offensive Coordinator.

Then should Dan Mullen take Florida, then someone gets a new job at Miss State, etc, etc and etc. What are some thoughts and questions on your mind?

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Re: Coaching changes in the NCAA

Post by trojangrad78 »

In years past, I would have been all over this. However, the last couple of years have been such that I have almost totally ignored college football.

So, I hope to see all the folks smarter and more in touch than me keep this thread interesting.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Re: Coaching changes in the NCAA

Post by mikey »

Just makes me wonder how deep the rift is with 49'ers and their Head coach ( i can't spell Harbrough )....I sorta doubt it. .....Money.....but he's just the type to take on the challenge of the Michigan job......