Y'all know how I am

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions and a forum for suggesting and discussing ideas about how to improve the board.
mikey
Gaffney Indians

Y'all know how I am

Post by mikey »

Could someone please tell me what the icon's next to the topics mean or where I find out ? :oops:

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Y'all know how I am

Post by Administrator »

Hey DeCav,
Maybe we need a FAQ and maybe a topic on bbcode tips and tricks.

Mikey,
Good questions. I had to poke around in the instructions for a while to figure them out.
  • Blue = Topics with no new replies since your last login
  • Red = Topics with new replies since your last login
  • With scrolling text = hot topics (based on a high number of replies)
  • With a little star in it = topics you started or have replied to
  • With a little arrow, pointing up and to the left = a "shadow topic" link to a topic that has been moved to another category by a moderator. An example is the "Hi All!" topic started by DeCav in 4A. I tossed his hippie buttocks to the Rubber Room, but left that link there, 'cause I'm really a nice guy.
  • Other symbols or icons, above and to the right = Post icons added by the user. Above the box where you type your text you can see a row of icons you can add to the topic or reply you are composing. I'm adding the ( i ) symbol to this reply. Another example is the Flame icon Byrnes#1 added to the "Byrnes to play on ESPN" topic.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Administrator wrote:Hey DeCav,
Maybe we need a FAQ and maybe a topic on bbcode tips and tricks.

Mikey,
Good questions. I had to poke around in the instructions for a while to figure them out.
  • Blue = Topics with no new replies since your last login
  • Red = Topics with new replies since your last login
  • With scrolling text = hot topics (based on a high number of replies)
  • With a little star in it = topics you started or have replied to
  • With a little arrow, pointing up and to the left = a "shadow topic" link to a topic that has been moved to another category by a moderator. An example is the "Hi All!" topic started by DeCav in 4A. I tossed his hippie buttocks to the Rubber Room, but left that link there, 'cause I'm really a nice guy.
  • Other symbols or icons, above and to the right = Post icons added by the user. Above the box where you type your text you can see a row of icons you can add to the topic or reply you are composing. I'm adding the ( i ) symbol to this reply. Another example is the Flame icon Byrnes#1 added to the "Byrnes to play on ESPN" topic.
Thanks bro. I'm sure glad you had to "poke around "for a while. makes me feel less stupid :lol:

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

mikey wrote:Could someone please tell me what the icon's next to the topics mean or where I find out ? :oops:
Don't feel like the lone ranger mike. I'm glad to see i'm not the only one computer illiterate. Maybe we can both eventually learn. Of course, i'll forget by next week. :?
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I was wondering the same thing myself Mike. I agree 100% Mr. Admin. We need our own FAQ in the resources with a legend for the topic icons and instructions on how to use them (B1 should probably have the flame icon set as a default). Also we need some solid information and direction encouraging members to take advantage of all the features available. RF74 mentioned this also as far as people being educated about all the tools available to them.

I really like the stars icon.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

DeCav wrote:I was wondering the same thing myself Mike. I agree 100% Mr. Admin. We need our own FAQ in the resources with a legend for the topic icons and instructions on how to use them (B1 should probably have the flame icon set as a default). Also we need some solid information and direction encouraging members to take advantage of all the features available. RF74 mentioned this also as far as people being educated about all the tools available to them.

I really like the stars icon.
Now go back and look at the PFT forum,...same icons different colors. Yellow/Gold and Gray instead of Blue & Red. I never noticed the little stars at PFT because they are yellow, they are red in the we_clearblue style template we are using. They have apparently disabled the "rolling" text icon for topics with a lot of replies and I'm thinking we might too. It's somewhat distracting and I don't think we need that to tell us what topics are getting a lot of replies.