NOT FOOTBALL..........BUT

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

NOT FOOTBALL..........BUT

Post by Penguin »

Sorry that I haven't been around very much lately, but my wife's Mom has been very, very, sick. She passed away last Thursday evening after a 3 month long stay in the hospital. My game-picking skills suffered greatly as I had my mind elsewhere. I just want to congratulate all of the winners up to now and wish the best for all of those still playing. I will continue to watch the scoreboards on Friday nights. I do see some newer blood left in most of the brackets. North Myrtle Beach comes to mind. They have to be ecstatic. I also see some of the tried and true blue-bloods still around. South Pointe, Hartsville, Dutch Fork, Dorman, Gaffney, Dillon.............and some others. This should be a very interesting few final weeks of the season. Best of luck to all.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Re: NOT FOOTBALL..........BUT

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Take care Penguin!
Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

I understand completely about the priorities. Pam has been in hospital 5 different times this year and is now getting around in a wheel chair. She's gone from tough getting around to wheelchair in about three weeks. I have a guy at the house now making a few doors "accessible" that needed more than I could handle. But it all goes back to what you said, other things come before football. Again, thoughts and prayers for the family!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

I understand completely about the priorities. Pam has been in hospital 5 different times this year and is now getting around in a wheel chair. She's gone from tough getting around to wheelchair in about three weeks. I have a guy at the house now making a few doors "accessible" that needed more than I could handle. But it all goes back to what you said, other things come before football. Again, thoughts and prayers for the family!
Thanks Ken. I saw some posts somewhere a while back where you mentioned that Pam was not doing very well. I hope that you both can find a happy medium so that your time together can be enjoyed. My mom was in that "wheelchair" situation for almost 5 years before she finally passed away 3 years ago, November 29th. Rhonda lost her dad on November 17th, 1980, and now her mom on November 9th. I told her that we are just going to skip November from here on out. Best wishes to both of you and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:Take care Penguin!
Thoughts and prayers to your family.
Thanks for your sentiments. Trying to find something to occupy my mind............

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Post by trojangrad78 »

To Penguin & R74: Y'all will be on our prayer list.

tg78 & mrstg78 (Kevin & Sherri)

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

Penguin wrote:Sorry that I haven't been around very much lately, but my wife's Mom has been very, very, sick. She passed away last Thursday evening after a 3 month long stay in the hospital. My game-picking skills suffered greatly as I had my mind elsewhere. I just want to congratulate all of the winners up to now and wish the best for all of those still playing. I will continue to watch the scoreboards on Friday nights. I do see some newer blood left in most of the brackets. North Myrtle Beach comes to mind. They have to be ecstatic. I also see some of the tried and true blue-bloods still around. South Pointe, Hartsville, Dutch Fork, Dorman, Gaffney, Dillon.............and some others. This should be a very interesting few final weeks of the season. Best of luck to all.

Sorry, I just saw this Penguin. I am so sorry to hear this about Rhonda's Mom. Please tell her that we are so sad to hear this and that we will keep y'all and the family in our thoughts and prayers.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!