SCHSL Realignment 2018-20 Discussion

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Re: SCHSL Realignment 2018-20 Discussion

Post by SF Band dad »

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN wrote:
SF Band dad wrote:Link to the map of 4A

What a mess. 4 in Aiken, 3 in Beaufort, 2 in Horry, 3 around Rock Hill, Colleton Co. and O-W off by themselves. Those kids are going to spend a lot of time on their buses. (All sports)

I do hate to see that in Beaufort's Region 8 4A there will only be 4 teams in it. So that means there will only be 3 Region Games in Football. That means that each team will have to find 7 other teams to play against :o :shock:. Beaufort's Football Schedule hasn't been finalized as of yet that I know of but just wait until you see some of the teams that Beaufort will be playing next Football Season. My Eagles will be traveling to some far away places and some other teams will be making a long trip to Beaufort. I am really looking forward to seeing Beaufort playing some new teams and I do love to travel. But I hate seeing that My Eagles will only have 3 region games next season in Football. It will surely be interesting.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Seriously, I wish them luck finding opponents in the later part of the season. I suspect y'all will end up playing each other twice.

Look at the 3A map. Region 7 only has 5 teams, so you would think that leaves one available to play each week,.... until you realize that the adjacent region 5 also has 5 teams and they will most likely be pairing up to fill their open dates. There will be no 3A teams available in weeks 6-10.

Look at the 5A map. Region 8 only has 5 teams,... but again there are 3 other regions in 5A that only have 5, so again, they'll be pairing up and it is doubtful there will be any available 5A opponents.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Link to the map of 2A

5-6-5, 7 ,5-6-8

That should be an interesting bracket.

Regions 1 & 3 and 4 & 5 could cross schedule to fill open dates in weeks 6-10.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

BEF, YALL CANT FIND GA TEAMS TO WASTE THEIR TIME PLAYING YALL
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Links to all the maps

Map of SC 5A

Map of SC 4A

Map of SC 3A

Map of SC 2A

Map of SC 1A

Y'all let me know if you see any mistakes.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Hey BEF, y'all are in luck. 1A region 4 only has four teams with football.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I'm hearing rumors that there may be some legal challenges to the new realignment lists...

Anyone else hear anything?

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:I'm hearing rumors that there may be some legal challenges to the new realignment lists...

Anyone else hear anything?
I have heard some of the same things.
Hearing that It might delay the realignment if successful.

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

SF Band dad wrote:Hey BEF, y'all are in luck. 1A region 4 only has four teams with football.

Hey SF Band dad, Beaufort's Football Schedule still isn't finalized yet that I know of. But if it falls in to place like I have been hearing then My Eagles might be the most traveled team these next few years. Slicker said something about playing Georgia teams since Beaufort is so close to Georgia. He has a legitimate point. I have heard that might be a strong possibility. Also SF Band dad you made a good point to that Beaufort might play some teams twice. I have heard that might be a strong possibility also. Hopefully I will hear our schedule soon. It should be interesting. I am really looking forward to seeing Beaufort play some teams that they have never played before.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

uknowit
No Team Affiliation

Post by uknowit »

I guess you have to find a way to do it with consideration to travel, but some teams are already handicapped just by the sheer size of their Region. Not very competitive anyway. If in a smaller region they would have a chance to schedule some winnable OOC games that would at least not make the season a total loss. Regions are fine, but they need to include a way to get in on power ratings. Take a team like Boiling Springs this year. Playing in probably the toughest Region in the state where the last place team isn’t going. So they get punished when in fact they could have won, or at least finished second, in other regions. I know there are always loopholes, but to have a pretender qualify just because they are in a weak conference just does t make a lot of sense

BYRNES#1
Byrnes Rebels

Post by BYRNES#1 »

Sucks that Byrnes is back to playing Gville county teams. :evil:
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell!