New prizes for 2018 SC Pigskin Pick'em!

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

New prizes for 2018 SC Pigskin Pick'em!

Post by DeCav »

Well SCPrepTalk gave away 4 prizes in '17 for pick 'em winners.

Next year we will probably roll out more prizes with a little more variety...

And probably some gift cards.

I'm thinking we do a gift pool with runner ups, maybe the top 5 with the best record getting to choose first and so on till the prizes are gone.

It also occurs to me that it might be a hoot to give away a prize for whoever comes in dead in the middle and one for dead last. I might be encouraged to play if there's a prize for last place.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

All We Do Is Win
Dillon Wildcats

Re: New prizes for 2018 SC Pigskin Pick'em!

Post by All We Do Is Win »

Encouraged to play what?

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

When the season starts band dad does a pick em you pick the winners of so many games a week and they break it up into 5A/4A and then they do one for 3A/2A

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Yeah, just a week by week thing and each week the leader board is published with members ranked from first to last.

I like the idea of awarding a prize for last place. It would basically be a mathematical attractor for some participants. Would be funny to follow who's shooting to be at the bottom by monitoring how nutty the predictions are. :lol:

It might actually encourage the fans of crappy teams to be homers every week!
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Man you need to stop giving people ideas geez and quit trying to take my thunder for being in last place all year cause that was my plan lol

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Bahaha! I'm an admin...I'll pull some strings and just re-edit your posts every Saturday and keep you in last place!

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

LOL lets don't really do that just yet i think i can be at the top if we only picked upstate games but those lowcountry games usually give me a fit lol