Coaches

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Re: Coaches

Post by racincowboy02 »

27 years as head coach in the same place is crazy now days. How many titles does he have and did he come from somewhere else or was he always affiliated with Dillon

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

It is surprising how the acheivements of the lower classifications get overlooked all the time.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

racincowboy02 wrote:27 years as head coach in the same place is crazy now days. How many titles does he have and did he come from somewhere else or was he always affiliated with Dillon
    He played QB for the late coach Paul Chapman when Dillon was 4A before going on to college and playing QB in the Shrine Bowl. After coach Chapman retired Dillon had a two year stint with Lee Segars from Hartsville, he was terminated after going 1-20. Jackie Hayes was hired, although Dillon has played in three classifications, coach Hayes hasn't had a losing season since. Like many small towns, football is the main topic of conversation among the population of Dillon.
    Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

CITYSLICKER
    Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

A PRISON TOWN
    669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

All We Do Is Win
    Dillon Wildcats

Post by All We Do Is Win »

racincowboy02 wrote:27 years as head coach in the same place is crazy now days. How many titles does he have and did he come from somewhere else or was he always affiliated with Dillon
    Always coaches at Dillon. Played there. Went to college came back and took over. I believe his overall record is 306-52. Won 7 state titles, but has played in 10 or 11 I believe

racincowboy02
    Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

That is a huge accomplishment for him to be able to be the coach at Dillon for so long. I bet the fans are freaking rabid about football and the fans must love him. I mean he is doing something right winning 7 titles and playing in 10 or 11 is awesome. Its awesome to see a player play for his high school and then go off to college and come back and coach the same school