Upper State Champ predictions

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
killerwhale1
No Team Affiliation

Upper State Champ predictions

Post by killerwhale1 »

I just moved back to the upstate and really looking forward to the HS football season. I've kept up with it some while away but wanted to get your predictions on upper state champs. I guess you could predict state champs but I just do not know enough about those teams. Here is my guesses...

1A- Lamar
2A- Abbeville
3A- Who knows??? I say Seneca
4A- Greer
5A- Dorman

Who ya got?

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Re: Upper State Champ predictions

Post by racincowboy02 »

1a Lamar
2A Ill give the nod to Abbeville but think it might come down to a battle with them and christ church
3A Im goin to say it could possibly be a 5 team battle that will be settled come playoff time and i think the winner goes to Newberry
4A Southe Pointe
5A Gaffney

killerwhale1
No Team Affiliation

Post by killerwhale1 »

It's HS football so it's all a toss up. Chapman has been stacked in 3A but they lost everyone this offseason. I like your picks and think they could all be there in the end. I did hear that Newberry was super slow during a couple of Jaboree's they played in but you never know...

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

killerwhale1 wrote:I just moved back to the upstate and really looking forward to the HS football season. I've kept up with it some while away but wanted to get your predictions on upper state champs. I guess you could predict state champs but I just do not know enough about those teams. Here is my guesses...

1A- Lamar
2A- Abbeville
3A- Who knows??? I say Seneca
4A- Greer
5A- Dorman

Who ya got?
I'll be at Easley's Jamboree tonight and will get to see 2 of your picks (Seneca and Greer).
Hopefully, I will have a chance tomorrow to post some thoughts about those squads.....

Keeping in mind that Jamborees and early season games aren't always a great indicator of what a team can become.
Referencing back to last year,
Dorman tied Easley 14-14 in the 2017 Easley Jamboree. (The injury bug unfortunately would hamper most of my Green Wave's campaign.)
The Cavs went on to start the season 0-2, including a loss to Northwestern. (a team that would part ways with it's head coach just a few short weeks later)

At the time, Dorman didn't look like a team that would fall only one 2-pt conversion short of winning the 5A State title.
(Gutshall's teams always tend to improve as the season progresses.)

All We Do Is Win
Dillon Wildcats

Post by All We Do Is Win »

There’s only 1 king in 3A and the train gonna keep rollin.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

All We Do Is Win wrote:There’s only 1 king in 3A and the train gonna keep rollin.
"UPPER" State.
We all know about Dillon in the Lower Bracket.

Do you guys play in a jamboree against a NC team? on the 11th?

Every Dillon regular season schedule that I have found only lists 9 games.
Who is your 10th game against? Do you have one?

All We Do Is Win
Dillon Wildcats

Ya we play Scotland County NC tonight. They played for the 4A title last season. We only have a 9 game schedule this year. We couldn’t get anyone else on the schedule. We offered Mallard Creek 25K to play us at home on our open date and they turned it down.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

1A- Lamar - I can go with you one this one
2A- Abbeville - I don't think many folks would disagree with this pick
3A- Who knows??? I say Seneca - The most wide open of all classifications and I'd agree with the "Who knows??"
4A- Greer - If it's not South Pointe, then it's got to be Greer that is the favorite, and maybe Greer any way!
5A- Dorman - I imagine this one will be a popular choice as well, but anyone that survives that Region will be battle tested. Never count out Gaffney and I'll have to say that the Vikings and T L Hanna will be candidates as well.... Personally, I'd love to see the Rebels back in the hunt, and we may have the defense ready, our biggest questions will be can the O Line give the QB time to throw and make holes for the running game.

I do know this, the 5A title will more than likely go through Dutch Fork.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

All We Do Is Win
Dillon Wildcats

Dillon handles Scotland County 21-7

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Ill say this the 3A title will run through Dillon those boys are going to be hell this year. I think they win it all and can for awhile