FC-USA Jamboree

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

FC-USA Jamboree

Post by 5thqtr »

3 eight minute quarters. The last quarter is a running clock except for timeouts.

Northwestern 17
Providence 3
**Didn't get to see it. But, the NW fans were acting like they just witnessed a funeral. I wouldn't sweat it NW fans.

Byrnes 14
South Pointe 7
**Byrnes is going to be improved from last year from what I can tell. Some really talented kids with good size. My Stallions will miss B.T. Potter immensely this year! You can directly attribute both of the JFB TD's to poor kicking game. One fumbled punt they recovered on the 7. Another, a line drive kick that maybe traveled 20 yards, went directly to an up back who had green grass. He didn't score but they were inside the 20 and managed to punch it in with their very talented TB. Overall, Stallions looked sound. Some things to clean up and focus on; but not bad. I can live with the results :lol: especially since it's a glorified scrimmage!

Myers Park 21
Rock Hill 13
*** final***
>Myers Park is really going to give teams fits. You can say; "ah you can't base that off of playing RH all you want" but they have the goods to be very good! Mushin Muhammad ( yep, his son) is as good as advertised. The QB "WILL" be a college QB no doubt about it. 6'4 or better very accurate strong arm. RHH has to protect their QB much better and the QB has to "Keep Calm" make the throws when he is being protected well! Cover the ball better when he takes off and run. N. Gaither is a beast for RH.

IDK - hard to put much stock in it. Mixed bag for all the teams I saw! Some good stuff and mostly things that need to be cleaned up.

Go Stallions! BTW - I thought our QB played well. Just like the RH QB he maybe got a bit of nerves under the lights. He missed some throws that were there. But, that is to be expected this early! I think we have a QB who "has the potential to take us" to where we want to be! I said, " the potential to"!
Last edited by 5thqtr on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Re: FC-USA Jamboree

Post by Wildstallion2 »

5thqtr, I think both Byrnes and South Pointe need some work on their offense, Byrnes running game is solid, and will win them a lot of games this season, but their passing game needs work, I think they threw 3 maybe four interceptions. South Pointes Quarterback was tackled hard in the first quarter, with his helmet being snatched off and his neck scratched up, after that he seemed to be rattled and off on his passing game, last year if that would have happen to DK he would have showed out. Both teams Defense was solid, Byrnes Defense was ready for South Pointe's running game, and South Pointe's defense looked totally legit. I think South Pointe needs to rotate their Quarterbacks more then they do, especially when one gets hit hard and rattled a bit. Backup Quarterback Omega Blake could use some reps, also I heard that we have a upcoming freshman quarterback that is suppose to be really good.

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

Post by 5thqtr »

Wildstallion2 wrote:5thqtr, I think both Byrnes and South Pointe need some work on their offense, Byrnes running game is solid, and will win them a lot of games this season, but their passing game needs work, I think they threw 3 maybe four interceptions. South Pointes Quarterback was tackled hard in the first quarter, with his helmet being snatched off and his neck scratched up, after that he seemed to be rattled and off on his passing game, last year if that would have happen to DK he would have showed out. Both teams Defense was solid, Byrnes Defense was ready for South Pointe's running game, and South Pointe's defense looked totally legit. I think South Pointe needs to rotate their Quarterbacks more then they do, especially when one gets hit hard and rattled a bit. Backup Quarterback Omega Blake could use some reps, also I heard that we have a upcoming freshman quarterback that is suppose to be really good.

I hate the idea of rotating QB's; only b/c often you have to "get in a rhythm before you start producing"! Sometimes it takes that hit before you get into the game. Yeah, Byrnes TB is special no doubt; totally agree with both teams having some timing issues on pass plays! But, big but, "the play was there and the passes not so bad off target I would want to give up on TSteele"! I think he got the wide eye on some of those b/c the WR's were wide _ _ _ open! He can correct that and I think he will. Yeah, I heard about both Omega and the freshman - "we are blessed man to have that caliber of player waiting in the wings"! Byrnes plays in a tough conference ( we do too so shout out to region teams) so I don't want to predict what their record will be; but I see them winning more than they lose easily! The QB much like ours just needs more reps in real games and he will start making plays! We are going to be fine WS2! I was very pleased with our D too! They were getting after it. Kicking game is going to be a adventure probably unless something drastic happens. Let's hope we don't have to punt much deep in our own territory, LOL! But, that's what scrimmages are for and non-region. I hear York and Westwood are supposed to be loaded; so folks are saying the conference is up for grabs! I keep thinking about that Dr. Dre song w/Eminem " forgot about dre"! We talented enough and WILL figure it out by region/playoffs!
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

That was not the starting QB last night but I thought he did a good job considering the situation. I think we will be improved from last year but we have to maintain the consistent play through a very Difficult Region.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--