*^Northwestern(14) @ South Pointe(49)*^Poll

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who Wins This One?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:36 pm

Northwestern Trojans
18%
South Pointe Stallions
82%

Total votes: 11

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

*^Northwestern(14) @ South Pointe(49)*^Poll

Post by 5thqtr »

Time again for the 1st leg of the City of Rock Hill "city championship"!

Northwestern looks to be much improved from what I have been hearing. Really good WR opposite Holley(South Carolina). Fentrell Cypruss(commit to UVA) is a solid DB who is going to be a problem. The QB for NW is very good. He understands the offense and as mentioned has good players to pitch it to.
Haven't heard anything but good about the NW D-line.
South Pointe is so called: "rebuilding"! We have unproven starters in some key positions mixed with guys who have played a bunch of critical snaps over the last 2 years(Whitlock, Ervin, Foxx). My thoughts on our new QB are: "very solid nothing to complain about"! He makes good reads and often good passes! Just need to make good reads and throw a catchable pass when guys come wide open. I think those plays will be there b/c we are blessed again to have 4 WR's who could play significant time at "most schools"! Most teams won't have enough DB help to cover all. Once 17 settles down and makes the easy/lay--up passes we will be fine. Question is as it relates to this thread; will it be this coming Friday or later in the season? I hope it's Friday! The run game will need to be solid to take pressure off 17. If the Stallions defense who btw has a new DC; can minimize the big play of NW we stand a good chance.
NW will try and exploit all of the areas above I just mentioned(no secret that's why I felt comfortable typing it out). They have enough talent to do so and are also lead by a new OC I believe.

Should be a good one! The game being at the coral may be the difference!
Last edited by 5thqtr on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Re: *^Northwestern @ South Pointe*^Poll

Post by Newcatntown »

If im not mistaken...2 years ago was OT and wasnt last year close as well?
Im taken NW in this toss up game..... but South Pointe walks away from this game a winner no matter the outcome.

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

If South Pointe's Defense brings the Blitz Screen to Northwestern's Offense I think South Pointe will win this one, also we need another repeat of three interceptions from our DB's and Safety like we had against Byrnes. South Pointes's Offensive line needs to open up some gaps for Joe ErvIn, and especially for Taleek Steel to do his thing with the Quarterback keeper. I look for both teams to give it their all on Friday night, a real SLUG-FEST. South Pointe bring your SWAGGER because Northwestern will have theirs.

purpleandorange
Northwestern Trojans

Post by purpleandorange »

Football season is upon us and I couldn't be any happier! I am excited to see tonight's game and how both NW and SP stack up. Both teams are loaded with skill players and I am sure there will be some spectacular plays but this game really comes down to the trenches. Whoever controls the line of scrimmage will win tonight. I believe SP has the overall advantage both directions in the weight category but we will see how well NW has been coached up and if their linemen simply have the heart to scratch and claw for 4 quarters of brutal trench warfare.
I'm "all in" with NW tonight as I will be all season! Go Trojans!! But after tonight I will pull for SP to make history and bring home a 5th straight title.
#FootballCityUSA

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

Yuuuup! South Pointe's Defense did their job tonight, shut Northwestern's offense down. Final score SP 49 NW 14.
Last edited by Wildstallion2 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

Wow! I didn't vote in the poll, but I really expected NW to win tonight. I thought SP had graduated too many. If this is truly a rebuilding year as I had thought, look out. Looks more like a reload.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

Re: *^Northwestern(14) @ South Pointe(49)*^Poll

Post by 5thqtr »

Congratulations Stallions! 1 leg of the city championship is complete. Now, to focus on Rock Hill. I thought it was a typical week zero game. Penalties and the occasional M.E. still. All things that can be cleaned up! Too many turnovers for the Stallions; but overall great team win! I was really impressed with R. Aldridge! He was a force inside. The D-Line as a whole. The defense as a whole. S. White also stood out. Tahleek won't likely electrify the crowd with his feet but he is a good athlete who will get 1st down w/his legs! He showed good touch and some pleasant poise for his 1st start as "The Man" @ QB! The RB's were just flat awesome tonight! All 3 - Q. Chambers is going to be a good one!

Northwestern good luck the rest of the season!

Go Stallions!
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!