Gaffney 28 Greenwood 7 Final

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Gaffney 28 Greenwood 7 Final

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

Gaffney is solid no doubt but I don't think we tried hard. I hate to say it but the effort wasn't there from the coaches on down. I've seen way worse greenwood teams give better effort than this eagle team did tonight. That's extremely disappointing. I will say the defense played well in spite of the circumstances. Offense and special teams for gwood gave up 11 points. 2 safeties by the offense and a kick return given up by special teams. Held to negative yardage on offense. Pathetic. Absolutely UNACCEPTABLE! Just damn unacceptable. There's no other way to say it. Greenwood has the ability to play better than that. But we choose to give THAT kind of effort................

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Re: Complete Embarrassment by Greenwood tonight

Post by Newcatntown »

Sounds like my Bobcats tonight!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Got their assets handed to the tonight!!! :shock: NO EFFORT from what i here!!

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

We just weren't there mentally. Offensive line has to do better. Gaffney's defensive line pretty much blew up every run play. Gaffney has a solid defense make no mistake but we can play better than that. If the bad news bears had a football team, that's what we looked like tonight. The offense just looked nervous. First time in front of a big crowd maybe. I don't know. Bunch of dropped snaps. Not sure if it's on the center or the QBs that were used but it looked like the timing was off. No excuses though. We'll learn from this and get better.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

From what I heard...42 plays for -56 yards. Hard to believe that coming from a Dan Pippin coached team.

Gaffney is a great team and that’s a tough first game for anyone. I’m sure Greenwood will bounce back.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

We can only hope they get better... :D

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

bbrown1240 wrote:From what I heard...42 plays for -56 yards. Hard to believe that coming from a Dan Pippin coached team.

Gaffney is a great team and that’s a tough first game for anyone. I’m sure Greenwood will bounce back.
Yeah that mostly came from loss of yards due to bad shotgun snaps and the qb just falling on them 10 yards behind the line. Those add up to say the least lol. Or subtract I should say.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Yeah that mostly came from loss of yards due to bad shotgun snaps and the qb just falling on them 10 yards behind the line. Those add up to say the least lol. Or subtract I should say.
Yeah, those do add up. Just like our long snaps that all hit the ground tonight, which resulted in lost points and several short fields for Hartsville. :oops:

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:We just weren't there mentally. Offensive line has to do better. Gaffney's defensive line pretty much blew up every run play. Gaffney has a solid defense make no mistake but we can play better than that. If the bad news bears had a football team, that's what we looked like tonight. The offense just looked nervous. First time in front of a big crowd maybe. I don't know. Bunch of dropped snaps. Not sure if it's on the center or the QBs that were used but it looked like the timing was off. No excuses though. We'll learn from this and get better.
Hey man!

I gotta offer my apologies. I’d scheduled to come to the Greenwood game tonight but didn’t remember till it was too late. I’ll reschedule. Working in charlotte now. Maybe I can make a GW game up that way.

Hope you are well. Sorry bout the Eagles. Man a lot of big teams fell tonight. Sounds like a Good Friday for the Cavs to have taken a week off.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

They weren't put in position to win and I felt the coach threw in the towel at the start of the 4th quarter. Completely abandoned the passing game and ran run plays that were getting blown up. When you're down and running out of time, it makes no sense to call conservative plays like that. This definitely wasn't their best effort calling offensive plays. At least I hope not. Coach has to get a championship mentality and not just a winning season mentality. Kudos to the defense though. Played lights out.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

Our starting Center did not play this week either.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012