Do non-region results mean anything now for playoff seeds?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Do non-region results mean anything now for playoff seeds?

Post by NuclearCav90 »

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe they do. So basically they are glorified scrimmages now. I’d like for this to change.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Re: Do non-region results mean anything now for playoff seed

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

NuclearCav90 wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe they do. So basically they are glorified scrimmages now. I’d like for this to change.
I believe that you are correct.
However, non-region games might impact a team's chances for the At-Large slot in the Upper and Lower State bracket.

The last couple years, the At-large bid in the Lower State was selected by committee.
It was rewarded to the team considered to have the "best overall resume" that did not qualify for an automatic bid.

I have not seen how they will be determining this year's At-large teams.
:arrow: 5A Playoff Bracket

Hopefully I can get an answer in the next couple weeks....

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

Thanks Mean Green. I was told that there is an at-large berth given out in the upper state and that non-region results will be very important for the teams trying to get that berth. So if you finish 6th or 7th in Region 2 5A, your playoff hopes might depend on your non-region games. Hopefully Dorman will finish far above that but we are in a very tough region so who knows what might end up happening?

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Dorman will not have to worry about a committee vote. If they don't win Region 2, I think they will be runner up at worst case. The Region is going to be tough, but I believe the Cavs are loaded for bear!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--