Dutch Fork 63 Spring Valley 0 — Final

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Re: Dutch Fork 63 Spring Valley 0 — Final

Post by bbrown1240 »

Silverfox92 wrote:
Fortfan2k wrote:Thanks. The new guys are saying the same fort but different swag. Im hoping for the DF VS FD lower state. The winner would win state. But we are taking it one game at a time. We have work to do, but improving. Sumter do scare me though. So do summerville. They have a stout D. Plus we play there. Not easy to play there. I think we will beat Berkeley though.
Sumter won’t be in the lower state this year. They are in region 4 now which means they will compete on he Upper State Bracket. Summerville may be better than what the first game indicated but only time will tell.
Which means Sumter would have to go through murderer’s row just to get to the finals. They finish 1st in the region and they have home field up to the upper state final. And IF (lol) they make it out of that gauntlet alive, let’s just say this won’t be the 2013 team that was just glad to be there.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

bbrown1240 wrote:
Silverfox92 wrote:
Fortfan2k wrote:Thanks. The new guys are saying the same fort but different swag. Im hoping for the DF VS FD lower state. The winner would win state. But we are taking it one game at a time. We have work to do, but improving. Sumter do scare me though. So do summerville. They have a stout D. Plus we play there. Not easy to play there. I think we will beat Berkeley though.
Sumter won’t be in the lower state this year. They are in region 4 now which means they will compete on he Upper State Bracket. Summerville may be better than what the first game indicated but only time will tell.
Which means Sumter would have to go through murderer’s row just to get to the finals. They finish 1st in the region and they have home field up to the upper state final. And IF (lol) they make it out of that gauntlet alive, let’s just say this won’t be the 2013 team that was just glad to be there.
Yeah that’s a gauntlet! T.L. Hanna, Dorman, Byrnes, Gaffney, Boiling Springs, Westside, Greenwood, and Northwestern for a second time will be tough!

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Dutch Fork maybe competitive against Gaffney but they are also winless against us. Dutch Fork has one of the best coaches in the nation and they are looking very good after playing their 1st game of the year. I think they will be a force to be reckoned with no doubt but to say that they wouldn't struggle in region 2 might be a bit of an overstatement. Yes there are some not so good teams in the region riverside but for the most part the teams around region 2 have stepped up and are playing a lot better.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

racincowboy02 wrote:Dutch Fork maybe competitive against Gaffney but they are also winless against us. Dutch Fork has one of the best coaches in the nation and they are looking very good after playing their 1st game of the year. I think they will be a force to be reckoned with no doubt but to say that they wouldn't struggle in region 2 might be a bit of an overstatement. Yes there are some not so good teams in the region riverside but for the most part the teams around region 2 have stepped up and are playing a lot better.
Which is why I named the three teams that would give us a game.... Dorman, Byrnes, and Gaffney. I know for a fact the rest of the teams in Region 2 would struggle against us. Our offense is far too explosive for Hillcrest who only managed 20 points on Mauldin, Spartanburg who got crushed by 4A Greer, Mauldin who only could muster 14 points versus Hillcrest, an even Gaffney who had tons of offensive problems against Greenwood this past Friday. Dorman and Byrnes are the only two teams I feel can score with DF.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Silverfox I get what you are saying and i agree with you for the most part. Yes Gaffney had a lot of misques on offense but it was the 1st game out with a new QB so i was expecting it but give him game experience and come playoff time this maybe a team you don't want to meet.

I hate that the DR MC game was cancelled and won't be made up cause i think that would have been a good game and wouldve really showed people what DF really has. Now do i think they win it absolutely but i don't think it wouldve been as big of a win as the SV game. I think it wouldve been a hard fought battle between to great teams that would come down to who had the ball last and i still think DF wins it

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

racincowboy02 wrote:Silverfox I get what you are saying and i agree with you for the most part. Yes Gaffney had a lot of misques on offense but it was the 1st game out with a new QB so i was expecting it but give him game experience and come playoff time this maybe a team you don't want to meet.

I hate that the DR MC game was cancelled and won't be made up cause i think that would have been a good game and wouldve really showed people what DF really has. Now do i think they win it absolutely but i don't think it wouldve been as big of a win as the SV game. I think it wouldve been a hard fought battle between to great teams that would come down to who had the ball last and i still think DF wins it
I wasn’t downing you guys at all! Gaffney is at the top of the totem pole when it comes to SC football. I wish DF was in the Upper State because that would make things much more interesting!

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Fox I know you arent downing us and yea we maybe at the top of the totem pole for now but with the way you guys are coming along and the way Byrnes has done we may not be there much longer lol. I think we honestly have a very good change at making a run to the title game but we will see how the season plays out especially once we hit region play and have to play the murders row of region schedule.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

racincowboy02 wrote:Fox I know you arent downing us and yea we maybe at the top of the totem pole for now but with the way you guys are coming along and the way Byrnes has done we may not be there much longer lol. I think we honestly have a very good change at making a run to the title game but we will see how the season plays out especially once we hit region play and have to play the murders row of region schedule.
I hope you guys make it to the title game this year. If we make it and match up with you guys that would be HUGE! Not only do we owe you guys from 2012 but the Gaffney fans always travel and seem better to converse with than Dorman and Boiling Springs fans :lol: (they both took it hard after the loss). So good luck to your Indians and I hope we will see each other in December!