How bad is Class 5A

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
wave 80
Summerville Green Wave

Re: How bad is Class 5A

Post by wave 80 »

Fortfor5 wrote:
wave 80 wrote:Some coaches have stated that they are really concerned over the lack of player turnouts in the lower grades.
James island hasn't had a jv team for a couple of years and Wando decided not to field a JV team this year is what I've heard.
I know we have them (wando)on the schedule next week for b and jv. on paper atleast.
james isl this week no b team jv only.
have heard wando had a low turn out aswell from guys at work.guess we will find out.makes you wonder why they bothered to put in a astroturf field at wando.
Dean Stephen's on the TV broadcast of J.I vs West Ashley stated that Wando decided to not field a JV team.
GO WAVE

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

ON A SIDE NOTE, THE STAGS JV AND B TEAM DONE BEAT THE WAVE ALREADY ONCE
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

wave 80 wrote:
Fortfor5 wrote:
wave 80 wrote:Some coaches have stated that they are really concerned over the lack of player turnouts in the lower grades.
James island hasn't had a jv team for a couple of years and Wando decided not to field a JV team this year is what I've heard.
I know we have them (wando)on the schedule next week for b and jv. on paper atleast.
have heard wando had a low turn out aswell from guys at work.guess we will find out.makes you wonder why they bothered to put in a astroturf field at wando.
Dean Stephen's on the TV broadcast of J.I vs West Ashley stated that Wando decided to not field a JV team.
Maybe they only have b team I saw them at jamboree vs stratford.that being said of all the b teams goose creek seemed to have the most players at the jamboree and biggest.
excluding the skaggs and the wave witch were gone when we arrived.we are definitely playing jv Thursday at james isl.as of now anyway.
Last edited by Fortfor5 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

CITYSLICKER wrote:ON A SIDE NOTE, THE STAGS JV AND B TEAM DONE BEAT THE WAVE ALREADY ONCE
On a side note it took you 4 qtrs to get 40 on ashley ridges b team forts b team hung 38 on them in two qtrs no jv drop downs either.that being said our defense still needs some work.oline is handling buisness.
where you at so I can give you the flu.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Dave Pickren wrote:This is by far the worst season for the largest class in the state in years.
Out of all 5A teams.........I see 2 great teams, 3 good teams and 3 or 4 questions and a bunch of REALLY REALLY bad teams.

5A Teams sucking the Exhaust Pipe Tonight against smaller schools

Easley losing by 26 to Daniel
JL Mann losing to Southside.......really Southside ???
Wade Hampton shut out by Greenville, no points yet this year
Woodmont losing to Palmetto........2 losses to smaller schools
Riverside to Eastside
Spartanburg by 3 touchdowns to Greer.....The ship has already sunk this year and it ain't even Labor Day yet
Blythewood lost to Westwood
Lugoff lost to Camden
South Florence lost to Hartsville
St James shut out by Hilton Head and lost to a 1A team last week

10 Class 5A teams lost to smaller schools tonight, most by large margins.

Also
Stall has given up 103 points this year already
James Island 96
Fort Mill 89
Northwestern 90
Wade Hampton 92
And 4A Bluffton lost to 3A May River...what the hell are you expecting Dave? Its a cycle that happens every 5 -10 years as far as i can tell...Look at Byrnes...they were doormats forever..then dominate for 10 years...Gaffney...well any new coaches would make them state champs again...

Bluffton beat May River 4 X in a row..now its their turn..i just think its an off year with maybe...not as many superstars...

I enjoyed Fort Mill and Chesters first half...then Conway at NAFO's 2nd half...just enjoy the boys of fall this year!!!

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

shut up kat
Attachments
FREECAT_zps97db8962.jpg
FREECAT_zps97db8962.jpg (16 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Newcatntown wrote:
Dave Pickren wrote:This is by far the worst season for the largest class in the state in years.
Out of all 5A teams.........I see 2 great teams, 3 good teams and 3 or 4 questions and a bunch of REALLY REALLY bad teams.

Riverside to Eastside
Spartanburg by 3 touchdowns to Greer.....The ship has already sunk this year and it ain't even Labor Day yet
Lugoff lost to Camden

Also
James Island 96
Fort Mill 89
Northwestern 90
Wade Hampton 92
And 4A Bluffton lost to 3A May River...what the hell are you expecting Dave? Its a cycle that happens every 5 -10 years as far as i can tell...Look at Byrnes...they were doormats forever..then dominate for 10 years...Gaffney...well any new coaches would make them state champs again...

Bluffton beat May River 4 X in a row..now its their turn..i just think its an off year with maybe...not as many superstars...

I enjoyed Fort Mill and Chesters first half...then Conway at NAFO's 2nd half...just enjoy the boys of fall this year!!!
Byrnes was never a doormat. You take out a few lean years in the 90s and we have always right in the middle of things.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

wave 80 wrote:
Fortfor5 wrote:
I wonder what effect ocean side had on wando itself.i know kids that went to stalk that left for ocean side.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
Newcatntown wrote:

Riverside to Eastside
Lugoff lost to Camden

Also
James Island 96
Fort Mill 89
Northwestern 90
Wade Hampton 92

Byrnes was never a doormat. You take out a few lean years in the 90s and we have always right in the middle of things.
Was just using Byrnes as example..i may have been off a few years!!! :mrgreen: No harm intended.

DHSCavsFan
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DHSCavsFan »

I think in Riverside case, would I want to play football knowing that not only am I losing, but I am getting stomp every week. At Riverside and Wando, they are successful at several different sports, so if I am training year around, I want it to be in a sport that I am successful in doing.