An early look at Region 2-5A

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

An early look at Region 2-5A

Post by NuclearCav90 »

I don’t think Boiling Springs is a serious contender in the region or in 5A as a whole. The Bulldogs have a dangerous team that could pull an upset and hurt someone’s season, but the fact that they were blown out by a 3A team in Chapman and couldn’t stop them at all cannot bode well for them. I know Chapman is state champion caliber, but they are still just 3A. Dorman obliterated Chapman in a jamboree.

Spartanburg has also struggled, but the Vikings are in bit a different situation. They have key injuries and an excellent transfer who has not yet taken the field for them. I still see the Vikings as a notch below Dorman and Gaffney at this point, but that could change as the season goes along.

Byrnes is dangerous. Just how dangerous I’m not exactly sure yet. They beat a very good but 4A Greer team, a down Northwestern team, and lost a close game to a private school from another state...I need to see more.

Gaffney has been lights out on defense against Greenwood and 3A Union County. Dorman showed me that they can come back when they are down last night, but they struggled some too. I still see these two as top dogs but they still haven’t proven a great deal yet either. So a lot is still up in the air.

I don’t think the Greenville schools will be too much of a factor in the region race. And Riverside is one of the worst teams in the State in any classification.

Right now, my power ranking would be: 1. Gaffney 2. Dorman 3. Byrnes 4. Spartanburg 5. Boiling Springs 6. Hillcrest 7. Mauldin 8. Riverside

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Re: An early look at Region 2-5A

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

#1 - Dorman
#2 - Byrnes
#3 - Gaffney
#4 - Hillcrest

Not necessarily in that order for 2,3 & 4
Byrnes Gaffney and Hillcrest could be 1-1 against each other with Dorman with only one loss in the Region. So if that one loss is to one of these teams, you'd have a really complicated Region finish probably using multiple tiebreakers.

Dorman 6-1
Byrnes 6-1
Gaffney 5-2
Hillcrest 5-2

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Great thread posts by NC90 and RF74!

I can't add a lot to the conversation except there's no replacement for keeping it real!
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Chapman & Chester have been impressive thus far versus higher level competition, the Rock Hill loss to Chester leaves one scratching their head after arguably the top program South Pointe in the state losing to Rock Hill. After the Boiling Springs loss to Chapman it will be interesting to see how the Bulldogs move forward.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

South Pointe should not have been beat by Rock Hill, South Pointe came out very very flat and let Rockhill stay in the game, South Pointe should have put Rock Hill away, this came up and bit South Pointe at the end of the game because we ran out of time. We want be making that Cat and Mouse mistake again, Blowouts from here on out.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

1 CAT FAN wrote:Chapman & Chester have been impressive thus far versus higher level competition, the Rock Hill loss to Chester leaves one scratching their head after arguably the top program South Pointe in the state losing to Rock Hill. After the Boiling Springs loss to Chapman it will be interesting to see how the Bulldogs move forward.
It’s not going to look good for them next week I can tell you that much :lol: :lol:

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

Dutch Fork could score 60 on the BS Bulldogs. It does not shape up to be much ofa game. It’s simply up to the Silver Foxes to take care of business.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

NuclearCav90 wrote:Dutch Fork could score 60 on the BS Bulldogs. It does not shape up to be much ofa game. It’s simply up to the Silver Foxes to take care of business.
Yeah we scored 60 on them twice years past and those teams weren’t even near the level of this DF squad. TK will have them locked in to bring home the W.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Wildstallion2 wrote: We want be making that Cat and Mouse mistake again, Blowouts from here on out.
    • ImageImage
    Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions