OK.......TIME TO BE HONEST HERE

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

OK.......TIME TO BE HONEST HERE

Post by Penguin »

Who had Northwestern at 0-3 after week 2? And with games left against Ridge View, Sumter, Dutch Fork, Clover, Fort Mill, Nation Ford, and Rock Hill, I can easily see them with possibly 7 or 8 losses on the year. On the other hand, I can also see them as a 7-3 or 6-4 team heading into the playoffs. This is almost insane. And not because they have fallen off the table as far as being competitive, but rather because their schedule is extremely difficult AND the increase in competitiveness from some of those teams on their schedule.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: OK.......TIME TO BE HONEST HERE

Post by CITYSLICKER »

YOU HIPPOCRITE, YOUR POUTING AZZZ LEFT HERE FOR 4 YEARS, NOW YOU FINALLY GET RID OF THE CRAZY AZZ COACH OF THE BYRDS, YOU COME BACK ON HERE LIKE YOU NEVER LEFT, ALL I CAN SAY IS KISS MY AZZZ QUITTER.
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

I saw 0-3 coming. They will beat Ridge View. The Sumter game is a toss up. They’ll get smoked by Dutch Fork, but after that I think they have a chance to run the table in the region.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

After seeing them in the scrimmage before we scrimmaged South Pointe, I thought 1-2 would be the ceiling. Main reason, they seem to shoot themselves in the foot a lot. Bad penalties and dropping passing all night in the scrimmage and then against us, same thing. I think 6-4 is not a stretch, but 5-5 is more realistic only because the Region doesn't appear to have much to match up against them. Rock Hill beats South Pointe then gets smoked by Chester???

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Good point. The question on our minds last night was which team was better? Chester or RH?

I am slaved to the possibility that SP was overlooking RH.

I have it on good account that Pierson was the deathfall of NW. As I understand it, he was let go only to end up at York this year but the bad blood he dealt to the program might have repercusssions for a few years. Several of the players refused to play for him while he was head coach (for reasonable choices) and then when he was replaced, the whole core was out of shape and experience for a rebound.

They did look OK at points Friday night. I would look to run against their defense first. They had a couple of pics but few demonstrations of defensive power. I think after watching a game against Byrnes and Dorman that NW is a comfortable 5-6 season but the playoffs will be a different beast to the Trojans.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

bbrown1240 wrote:I saw 0-3 coming. They will beat Ridge View. The Sumter game is a toss up. They’ll get smoked by Dutch Fork, but after that I think they have a chance to run the table in the region.
Ummmm...so much for the Ridge View game....

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

I actually saw 0-6 to be quite honest. But I think they get over the hump this week with a win over Ridge View. The Sumter game will be another tough one for them, same with DF. If they go into the region 1-5 I see them finishing 6-5 and a chance to make noise in the playoffs.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

NW lost to Ridge View 20-10

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

bbrown1240 wrote:NW lost to Ridge View 20-10
Didn’t know the game took place tonight. Wow! That has to be tough. They’ll likely be 0-6 headed into region play.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Wow who wouldve ever thought that NW could be facing an 0-6 headed into region play and then could possibly miss the playoffs this year if they can't get the ship righted