OK.......TIME TO BE HONEST HERE

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Bearcat88
Rock Hill Bearcats

Re: OK.......TIME TO BE HONEST HERE

Post by Bearcat88 »

When south point open nw an rhhs were both in trouble, all of the telnet was zone for sp. Northwestern was able to avoid what rock hill high has been getting for yrs now by getting kids to trasfar in an playing in the d2 playoff. If u look back at when they really took a down fall it started 2 yrs ago when sc league git rI'd of d2 and bump them up to d1. They have not made it pass the 2nd round, also rock hill district put the trasfaringredients rule in l2yrs ago making any kid that that trasfars in sit out a yr, this is nw problem. So until a new high school is built or they redraw the zoning lines in rock hill. This is the result that yr will be getting.

Bearcat88
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Bearcat88 »

Just go back an look at 2015 team. They had 5 trasfars on that team that year, an won the d2 championship. They had everyone coming back in 2016 an also added wally wilmore from york, but they were bump up to d1 and gaffney beat them in 1st round, gaffney also knock them out in 2nd round in 2017. Northwestern wold play the bigger schools during the preseason. Then the big fish would go over to small pond in d2 in win championships. Since sc league got rid of d2 an the rock hill district pass the trasfar rule they are struggling to keep up. If you don't believe me just go back an look at how many kids they have had to trasfar in since 2008.

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

Bearcat88 wrote:Just go back an look at 2015 team. They had 5 trasfars on that team that year, an won the d2 championship. They had everyone coming back in 2016 an also added wally wilmore from york, but they were bump up to d1 and gaffney beat them in 1st round, gaffney also knock them out in 2nd round in 2017. Northwestern wold play the bigger schools during the preseason. Then the big fish would go over to small pond in d2 in win championships. Since sc league got rid of d2 an the rock hill district pass the trasfar rule they are struggling to keep up. If you don't believe me just go back an look at how many kids they have had to trasfar in since 2008.
WoW! Please take an English class. Your post is hard to read because the grammar is so poor, but nonetheless your theory, while having some merit, is missing one huge thing. That "thing" is Northwestern has been on the decline since Coach Richardson left. Will anyone give HIM the credit? Maybe it was his coaching of players and play calling that made Northwestern so strong during his tenure. :shock:

Bearcat88
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Bearcat88 »

Trying to post while walking so having hard time on small phone, but back to post richarson never won a d1 title, always d2. He never got pass 2nd round when they were put up in d1, and like I said earlier they have been on decline since south point open, but the system that they had in place was to move kids in an play in d2 playoff. That has all been taken away from them now.

Bearcat88
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Bearcat88 »

What could richardson do if he didn't get mason rudolph from westminister christian school or gage Maloney from james island to come to northwestern.

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Bearcat88 wrote:What could richardson do if he didn't get mason rudolph from westminister christian school or gage Maloney from james island to come to northwestern.
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Kyle Richardson the offensive coordinator when Justin Worley was National Gatorade Player of the Year in 2010 and NW went 15-0 and won a state championship? Or in 2009 and 2008 when they made the State Championship. I am sure that most people will tell you the 2010, 2013, and 2015 Northwestern teams probably would have won the D-1 state championship those years.
As for Rudolph and Moloney, I don't know the specifics (as most of my knowledge is from a former asst coach on staff), but didn't Rudolph leave mainly because Westminster was ending their football program. Based on my quick search, they never fielded a team in 2011 and then attempted the following year but quit after a few games. So, isn't it likely that Rudolph (who was zoned for NW), left so he could continue to play football?
The Moloney scenario, sure, he moved in to play at NW, I will give you that one. So take him out of the equation, I imagine with the weapons he had that year NW is at least competitive.
But even if you give Richardson ZERO credit for Moloney and his development, you still have to give him ALL the credit for Worley and Rudolph's years in which NW advanced to 5 state championships out of a possible 6 years and won 2 of the titles.
My take is this, Richardson was an elite coach who was able to get the most out of the talent he had and by virtue of winning, kids transferred/moved into the program. (SP has had this happen as well, Holloman, Pendergrass, and Mohommad all transferred in for their senior seasons to win titles and all played major roles for the team. Would they have won titles without them? We will never know, but it sure didn't hurt). That's just a natural thing, kids want to play for winning programs. But don't try to say Coach Richardson won with only transfers, kids transferred to play for a WINNER.

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Bearcat88 wrote:Trying to post while walking so having hard time on small phone, but back to post richarson never won a d1 title, always d2. He never got pass 2nd round when they were put up in d1, and like I said earlier they have been on decline since south point open, but the system that they had in place was to move kids in an play in d2 playoff. That has all been taken away from them now.
When NW won the titles in 2010, 2013, and 2015, they were the best 4A team in the state. Some Byrnes fans may feel otherwise for 2010 but, there was no doubt in 2013 and 2015.
Your scenario would be like saying South Pointe wasn't the best team in the state last year because they played 4A. That is hogwash, South Pointe was the state's best team in 2017.

Bearcat88
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Bearcat88 »

If he didn't get q.fair from andrew jackson in 2013 he would not have won state, bc teams were playing hart with a corner and safety over top. Bringing fair in is the reason hart had a good year, and yes south point was the best team in state last year, but they won with kids from their system, unlike nw who have to move kids in to fit their system.2015 team had 5 players from other teams, if he don't get these players they wouldn't have won it in 2015 either.

Bearcat88
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Bearcat88 »

2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2015 your played for d2 title. In 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017 your were in d1 and never made it pass 2nd round. If nw is so good, they would have won in d1.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

Bearcat88 wrote:If he didn't get q.fair from andrew jackson in 2013 he would not have won state, bc teams were playing hart with a corner and safety over top. Bringing fair in is the reason hart had a good year, and yes south point was the best team in state last year, but they won with kids from their system, unlike nw who have to move kids in to fit their system.2015 team had 5 players from other teams, if he don't get these players they wouldn't have won it in 2015 either.
Even though Quadarius Fair has a huge year, he also had Mustafia Love, Dupree Hart, and Julian Shockley.