5A WAYNE COUNTY DESTROYS 4A BEAUFORT 35-7

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

5A WAYNE COUNTY DESTROYS 4A BEAUFORT 35-7

Post by Penguin »

Too big. Too strong. Too fast. And they did all of their scoring in the first half...........with their backup QB. Hats off to a much better football team that was well prepared and well coached. And next week we are off to Titletown to play the Valdosta Wildcats........the winningest High School football team in the nation. I sincerely hope that the payday will be worthwhile. We get to repeat the feat in 2019. Maybe we can use the money to get some players to compete with these monsters. Totally outclassed tonight from opening kick to final whistle. Congrats to the Yellow Jackets and glad that we won't have to face them again this season.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Re: 5A WAYNE COUNTY DESTROYS 4A BEAUFORT 35-7

Post by Newcatntown »

Your defense played well Penquin...even though score doesnt reflect that statement. Yall made them go 4 downs from the 1 to get in. Your QB completed more passes to WC than own teammates i think!!! :shock: And 2 fumbles didnt help either nor all the personal fouls which helped them score their 2nd TD of the night.

After the Wayne County QB got injured...Cribbs son Ashby took over at QB. He is being looked at hard by Ga. Tech and a few more...but as a WR.

Beaufort will probably win region this year..clean up mistakes and stupid penalties and you can at least go 2 rounda deep before you run into a SC type Wayne County!!! ;)

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

The Beaufort team that I saw tonight was awestruck from the opening whistle. I don't want to say that they played scared, but they played like a defeated team from the get go. The defense could hold the Jackets to 3rd and 4th and long scenarios, then give up big plays or as you said, make stupid mistakes or stupid penalties. We have either had too many turnovers, or too many penalties in every game. We had 10 or more holding calls last week against Effingham. I lost count after I ran out of fingers. The tackling was atrocious. Guys were trying to just touch players down, not tackle them. We will probably reap the rewards of these games later in the season when we get to play teams in our own league. Those guys tonight were a class above us position by position. I am disappointed with the effort and the execution more than the score.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

pinky, yall suck
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

WAYNE COUNTY BEAT BEAUFORT 35-7 LAST NIGHT. WAYNE COUNTY DOMINATED THE 1ST HALF OF THIS GAME. IT WAS 35-7 AT THE HALF AND THE SCORE STAYED THE SAME. BEAUFORT'S DEFENSE PLAYED BETTER IN THE 2ND HALF. BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT WAYNE COUNTY HAS A REALLY GOOD TEAM. THE YELLOW JACKETS WILL PROBABLY BE THE BEST TEAM THAT BEAUFORT HAS FACED THIS YEAR. WAYNE COUNTY HAS SOME VERY BIG PLAYERS AND THEY ARE FAST. THE YELLOW JACKETS RB WAS HUGE AND JUST PLOWED THRU BEAUFORT'S DEFENSE. BEAUFORT'S DEFENSE COULD NOT STOP THE YELLOW JACKETS AT ALL IN THE 1ST HALF OF THE GAME. I WISH A SPEEDY RECOVERY TO WAYNE COUNTY'S STARTING QB WHO GOT INJURED IN THE 1ST QT AND DID NOT RETURN TO THE GAME. CONGRATS TO WAYNE COUNTY ON THIS WIN AND GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE SEASON.

OK AS FOR MY EAGLES. BEAUFORT NEEDS TO CUT BACK ON THEIR PENALTIES AND TURNOVERS. THAT REALLY HURT THEM IN THIS GAME. BEAUFORT LOOKED SCARED FOR SOME REASON I THOUGHT IN THE 1ST HALF OF THIS GAME. HOPEFULLY BEAUFORT WILL REBOUND AND HAVE A GREAT PRACTICE THIS WEEK AND UPSET VALDOSTA NEXT WEEK. PUT THIS LOSS BEHIND THEM AND MOVE FORWARD. I THINK THAT MY EAGLES STILL HAVE A VERY GOOD TEAM THIS YEAR.

BEAUFORT'S OL DIDN'T BLOCK AT ALL IN THE 1ST HALF OF THIS GAME. HOPEFULLY THE EAGLES YOUNG OL WILL CONTINUE TO GET BETTER AS THE SEASON GOES ALONG.

IT WAS GREAT TO SEE BEAUFORT BACKUP 9TH GRADER QB TYLER HALEY GET ACTION IN THE 2ND HALF OF THIS GAME. I JUST WISH THAT HE GOT TO THROW THE BALL A LITTLE MORE THEN HE DID. BEAUFORT WAS TOO CONSERVATIVE ON THEIR LAST DRIVE AND JUST RAN THE BALL. BUT IT WAS GREAT THAT HE GOT TO PLAY IN THE 2ND HALF OF THE GAME.

THIS GAME AGAINST FOOTBALL POWER WAYNE COUNTY WAS A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE FOR MY EAGLES FOOTBALL TEAM. I WOULD RATHER PLAY A REALLY GOOD TEAM LIKE WAYNE COUNTY AND LOSE THEN PLAY A TERRIBLE TEAM AND WIN SOMETHING LIKE 55-6. I THINK THIS GAME WILL HELP BEAUFORT GET TOUGHER AS A TEAM AND BUILD ON THIS AND BE PREPARED FOR THE REGION AND PLAYOFF SEASONS.

I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE THE HUGE CROWD AT THE GAME. THAT WAS THE BIGGEST CROWD ON BOTH SIDES THAT I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS. BEAUFORT HIGH SCHOOL MADE SOME GOOD MONEY LAST NIGHT. I HOPE TO SEE THE STADIUM PACKED LIKED THAT ALWAYS. IF I WAS BEAUFORT'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR I WOULD SCHEDULE THESE GEORGIA TEAMS FOR MANY MORE YEARS. THOSE GEORGIA TEAMS REALLY KNOW HOW TO BRING A CROWD AND ALSO THEY BRING SOME HUGE BANDS.

WELL I AM SAD ABOUT THIS LOSS. BUT HEY BEAUFORT IS STILL HAVING A GREAT SEASON WITH A RECORD OF 3-1. I LOOK FOR MY EAGLES TO BOUNCE BACK AND HAVE A GREAT YEAR.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

Newcatntown wrote:Your defense played well Penquin...even though score doesnt reflect that statement. Yall made them go 4 downs from the 1 to get in. Your QB completed more passes to WC than own teammates i think!!! :shock: And 2 fumbles didnt help either nor all the personal fouls which helped them score their 2nd TD of the night.

After the Wayne County QB got injured...Cribbs son Ashby took over at QB. He is being looked at hard by Ga. Tech and a few more...but as a WR.

Beaufort will probably win region this year..clean up mistakes and stupid penalties and you can at least go 2 rounda deep before you run into a SC type Wayne County!!! ;)

So you were at the game NEWCAT? Wayne County has a very good team and they should have a great season this year. I think Beaufort will still have a great year. This was a good learning experience for them.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Yes i was...but could only stay for the first 3 qtrs...that was all i needed to see anyway!!! :mrgreen: