South point

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Bearcat88
Rock Hill Bearcats

South point

Post by Bearcat88 »

Went to game the other nite, and sp didn't look that good, I can't see them beating greer, bhp, or greeville in the playoff. They don't have Dk to ride in big games, not winning field position is really gone to hurt them in playoff. They don't have a passing game neither.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: South point

Post by CITYSLICKER »

ITS TIME THEY GO BACK DOWN THE LADDER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

Bearcat88 wrote:Went to game the other nite, and sp didn't look that good, I can't see them beating greer, bhp, or greeville in the playoff. They don't have Dk to ride in big games, not winning field position is really gone to hurt them in playoff. They don't have a passing game neither.
We at South Pointe had another night where we came out flat like at the Rock Hill game, and yes the quarterback was off on his passing last night but he broke the school record in the previous game with NAFO in passing, I think we will be fine, and we will get better and more focused by the play-offs. As for the Rock Hill Bearcats, they win a couple of games and now they think they can talk some trash, they still have not got to the BIG BOY LEAGUE yet, so don't be surprised if Rock Hill has a early exit in the first round of the play-offs.

Bearcat88
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Bearcat88 »

Bearcats have been down for years now, but we have always played in d1 with the big boys, unlike sp who play in a weak 4a div, or nw who plays in d2 every year. Sp or nw could never win in d1.

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

Bearcat88 wrote:Bearcats have been down for years now, but we have always played in d1 with the big boys, unlike sp who play in a weak 4a div, or nw who plays in d2 every year. Sp or nw could never win in d1.
I started to not respond to your commit because it did not make any since to me, but I will respond like this,( TIME WILL TELL )as the Population of Rock Hill grows, probably with in the next 10 years South Pointe will move up to the 5A and then we will see.

Bearcat88
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Bearcat88 »

In the next 10 years, it will be another school built in rock hill, and with that comes some rezoning. Sp will not be getting all the best neighborhood like green street, carolina, college down, or Crawford rd kids. Then let's see what sp can do. If we take the hood from sp, what would yr hv.

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

Bearcat88 wrote:Bearcats have been down for years now, but we have always played in d1 with the big boys, unlike sp who play in a weak 4a div, or nw who plays in d2 every year. Sp or nw could never win in d1.
Bearcat88. You are claiming that RH's struggles are due to the fact that Rock Hill played Division 1 while Northwestern and South Pointe played 4A Division 2 and 3A/4A. A couple of things. #1, you would think that with that many more students (Rock Hill's student population versus the student population of Northwestern and South Pointe), that the Bearcats would put a better product on the field. #2 (and probably the most important), Rock Hill has exactly ONE WIN over Northwestern or South Pointe since 2009. Not only that, but many of the games are blowouts. So, how does it help Rock Hill's cause by putting down the success of Northwestern and South Pointe? In 10 years the Bearcats have managed 1 win over their two rival schools and by pointing out the fact that Rock Hill is a bigger school you are really showing how bad the Bearcats have been. Rock Hill has managed to lose to both Northwestern and South Pointe for so many years DESPITE the fact that Rock Hill receives the same amount of money from the school district to run their football program, coaches are paid the same, AND Rock Hill has a BIGGER student population to pull from.
Seriously Bearcat88, just stop talking. Everytime you open your mouth, your bias against Northwestern and South Pointe grows. Just tip your hat and say they have played well but Rock Hill has "turned the tide" so to speak. Don't take away from their accomplishments and downplay them because that only makes the Bearcats look worse.

And oh yeah, by the way, learn how to spell your rival school's name, its South PointE

NAmAN
North Augusta Yellow Jackets

Post by NAmAN »

You must have been reading my mind FF4343.

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

NAmAN wrote:You must have been reading my mind FF4343.
Its just so silly hearing some posters have such a strong bias for a certain team or against a certain team that they suddenly start making their opinions facts. The FACTS in this case are Northwestern and South Pointe have been MUCH better football programs than Rock Hill over the past decade. Many reasons add to that (coaching, talent, strength programs, etc), but little has to do with size of the school. Yes, I will give Bearcat88 that, with the level of the programs at Northwestern and South Pointe, it is easier to win 3A or 4A-Division 2 during most years, but at the end of the day that does very little in making Northwestern or South Pointe better than Rock Hill.
Also, just a quick note. There were some years that the Division 2 playoffs were tougher than Division 1. Remember back to when Northwestern, Goose Creek, and Spartanburg had those dominating teams in that stretch, plus throw in Greenwood's teams (all of which were playing 4A-D2). That was also during a stretch when Byrnes/Dorman/Gaffney were NOT all dominating at the same time (one would be good one year, then the other the next and so on) and BEFORE Dutch Fork and Fort D came to be so good. Also, even though Northwestern and South Pointe may have not played D-1 teams in the playoffs, they surely were playing top talent teams during the regular season. Many years in which Northwestern won state championships they played Dorman, Byrnes, Gaffney, etc and had a pretty good record against those teams.
Last edited by FootballFan4343 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

FootballFan4343 wrote:
NAmAN wrote:You must have been reading my mind FF4343.
Its just so silly hearing some posters have such a strong bias for a certain team or against a certain team that they suddenly start stating their opinions as facts. The FACTS in this case are Northwestern and South Pointe have been MUCH better football programs than Rock Hill over the past decade. Many reasons add to that (coaching, talent, strength programs, etc), but little has to do with size of the school. Yes, I will give Bearcat88 that, with the level of the programs at Northwestern and South Pointe, it is easier to win 3A or 4A-Division 2 during most years, but at the end of the day that does very little in making Northwestern or South Pointe better than Rock Hill.
Also, just a quick note. There were some years that the Division 2 playoffs were tougher than Division 1. Remember back to when Northwestern and Goose Creek had those dominating teams in that stretch, plus throw in Greenwood's teams. That was also during a stretch when Byrnes/Dorman/Gaffney were all dominating at the same time and BEFORE Dutch Fork and Fort D came to be so good. Also, even though Northwestern and South Pointe may have not played D-1 teams in the playoffs, they surely were playing top talent teams during the regular season. Many years in which Northwestern won state championships they played Dorman, Byrnes, Gaffney, etc and had a pretty good record against those teams.