Greenwood Program

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Greenwood Program

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

If you all don't see an issue with beating Woodmont by only 9...... then your not going to see a problem no matter what happens. Get a state or region title at least and stop making excuses!

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

StateChampsGHS wrote:All I know is....Coach Liner is coming in next week with a kick butt attitude. We going to get the best Laurens team next week.

We definitely need the Pippin that beat Dutch Fork and TL Hanna during this coming game and here on out.
EXACTLY! The fact we even have to discuss that is a problem. We never lose to laurens. It's amazing how people can't see the issues here.

northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

Post by northside knight »

EmeraldCityEagle98 wrote:
StateChampsGHS wrote:All I know is....Coach Liner is coming in next week with a kick butt attitude. We going to get the best Laurens team next week.

We definitely need the Pippin that beat Dutch Fork and TL Hanna during this coming game and here on out.
EXACTLY! The fact we even have to discuss that is a problem. We never lose to laurens. It's amazing how people can't see the issues here.
I understand what you're arguing. We gotta play better but let's not be so negative when we've only lost one and won three. I'm confident the coaches will make the proper adjustments and keep us winning like we are.

northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

can't hit the panic button at 3 and 1 :roll:

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

Can't disagree with that.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

I see it. I love Pippin, but he has to be willing to change some things. Sometimes your way isn't working. It's deeper than just play calling. We shouldn't be losing kids to Emerald and home school programs either. You have to be able to relate to these kids. And you have to be creative during the games. Can't get stuck in a 3 play pattern. Teams figure that out quickly. I support him, but I also wish he was more open minded to change. Just having winning seasons isn't enough for the tradition Greenwood has. Titles have always been within reach. Especially region titles. Hanna has turned into what Greenwood used to be. A school expected to win region at the least.

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

eagle93 wrote:

I see it. I love Pippin, but he has to be willing to change some things. Sometimes your way isn't working. It's deeper than just play calling. We shouldn't be losing kids to Emerald and home school programs either. You have to be able to relate to these kids. And you have to be creative during the games. Can't get stuck in a 3 play pattern. Teams figure that out quickly. I support him, but I also wish he was more open minded to change. Just having winning seasons isn't enough for the tradition Greenwood has. Titles have always been within reach. Especially region titles. Hanna has turned into what Greenwood used to be. A school expected to win region at the least.
Agree 100 percent. We should have won region at least the last two years. We lose to a 5-5 laurens team we had no business losing to and last year losing to Hillcrest AGAIN on a flee flicker on a night when the offense scored 44 points and still lost......

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Greenwood has now become a school to where it's ok to lose in football. I seen this coming years ago when we started losing to teams we haven't lost to in 17 or so years. Like easley, laurens, westside, hanna ect... Hell we about lost to winless Woodmont! Couldn't even score one touchdown. I mean, what did they do during the bye week??? Have a pizza party every day? Look I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. All I know is what I see on the field. The defense is the only group that looks like they actually practice.

northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

good points made but we won the damn game! time to move on and get ready for laurens. they will be ready and need to focus all of our attention to laurens.

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

northside knight wrote:good points made but we won the damn game! time to move on and get ready for laurens. they will be ready and need to focus all of our attention to laurens.
You can ignore the fact we didn't score TDs against woodmont if you want to but I can see what's going on. As long as we have a winning record it's ok...... when our goals are supposed to be region and state titles. Instead we just have excuse after excuse. When we start doing that, our standard gets lower and lower. Before long we'll be one of those teams that are happy with winning 4 or 5 games if things aren't turned around..... just watch what happens..... Every week our standard gets lower and lower.
Last edited by EmeraldCityEagle98 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.